The Southern Arkansas University College of Business Code of Ethical Conduct is a written document that supports the culture of ethical behavior and establishes guidelines for those acting as part of the College including administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
This is not an attempt to define specific behavior but rather to communicate expectations of proper professional and student conduct as well as the conduct the College values.
Those acting on behalf of or as part of the College are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will strengthen the integrity and reputation of the College.
Members of the College community should demonstrate:
- Integrity in themselves and through their actions by maintaining a commitment to honesty, accuracy, and professionalism in their actions and communication with members of the College community.
- Trustworthiness by acting in a reliable and dependable manner.
- Fairness by treating others with impartiality and distinguishing between their personal beliefs and professional responsibility to ensure the fair treatment of others.
- Respect by treating others with civility, decency, and good faith.
- Stewardship by exercising respect for university property and resources and using these resources for purposes to further the mission of the College.
- Confidentiality by protecting the security and privacy of information such as student records, employee files, and other appropriate information.
- Citizenship by following applicable university rules and policies, including the university academic integrity policy and student code of conduct, as well as compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
Members of the College community are responsible for bringing suspected violations of this code to the attention of the appropriate individual or office. If anyone, including administrators, faculty, staff, and students of the College is uncertain of appropriate ethical conduct or suspects a violation of this code; he or she should actively seek guidance by contacting a member of the faculty, a department chair, the dean or other appropriate administrators.