Looking for a particular journal, newspaper, or magazine in electronic format? Check our A to Z Full Text Finder, try using Magale's Full Text Finder LibGuide (requires Adobe Reader, https://get.adobe.com/reader/) for additional help Also, check-out our Video Tutorials, FAQs, or contact us.
Highlights of Magale’s Resources
- The Great War: Arkansas in World War I, a free traveling exhibit that tells the story of Arkansas’s role during World War at home and on the battlefields, will be displayed at Southern Arkansas University’s Magale Library, 100 East University, Magnolia, AR on November 3rd until November 20th, 2016. The grand opening will be November 3rd at 2:15 p.m. with a presentation by Dr. Svetlana Paulson, entitled “The War of Trenches and Zeppelins.” The library will also host a second lecture on November 11th at 3:00 p.m. entitled, “Arkansas during World War I” by Dr. Ben Johnson. The traveling exhibit consists of 12 panels that showcase images from the Arkansas State Archives’ holdings, including original documents, photographs, posters, maps and historical objects, giving a first-hand look at the lives of Arkansans during the war.
- New at Magale
- PrepStep (4-year universities) provides practice exams, preparation courses and guides, skills preparation, and ebooks in centers tailored to specific target audiences. View our PrepStep Library Guide [pdf- requires Adobe Reader https://get.adobe.com/reader/]
- Professional certification, licensing, and aptitude tests in nursing (NCLEX), civil service, law enforcement, firefighting, EMS, military, teaching (PRAXIS), and real estate, among others.
- Workplace skills preparation such as networking, success on the job, business writing, and core computer skills.
- eBooks & courses on the art of interviewing for career advancement, career change, or re-entry into the workforce.
- Practice tests and eBooks on preparation for college and graduate school admissions tests including the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT and MCAT.
- Practice tests, courses, eBooks on GED exam when working toward a high-school diploma.
- Courses, eBooks, practice on basic skills in reading, writing, and math.
- Software tutorials for Adobe and Microsoft as well as Microsoft and MAC OS.
- Computer and Internet basics.
- Interactive guide to preparing resumes, writing cover letters, interviews, filling out job applications
- Test drive our Magale's New Online Catalog
- World Geography and Culture Online (Infobase Database)
- ProQuest Central databases!
- ImageQuest (Britannica)
- Psychotherapy.net (Alexander Street Press Video Collection)
- BBC Shakespeare Plays from Ambrose Digital
- Professional Development DVD Library for Online Faculty