- Learn about the World of Information! This tutorial introduces the basic concepts of information literacy and their impact on students. The tutorial also includes a discussion of the types of libraries, their resources, and how students’ knowledge and use of these resources affect their academic endeavors.
- Learn about the importance of evaluating information resources! This tutorial introduces the basic concepts of scholarly works, including how to locate and evaluate resources for quality.
- Learn how to find resources within Magale Library! This tutorial introduces the basic concepts of searching and locating resources within Magale’s in-library collections.
- Learn how to find resources within Magale’s electronic collections! This tutorial introduces the basic concepts of searching and locating resources within Magale databases and digital libraries. Attention is given to on and off-campus access of these resources.
- Learn the basics of citing resources! This tutorial discusses the importance of citing resources. Attention is given to the common elements of citations along with discussion of APA and MLA writing styles.
- Learn the basics of Turnitin within Blackboard from a student’s perspective! This tutorial discusses how to submit assignments within Blackboard to Turnitin for evaluation and how originality reports may help you with citation errors.
- Learn the basics of Turnitin within Blackboard from a faculty member’s perspective! This tutorial discusses how to set-up Turnitin assignments within Blackboard to provide easy access for your students. An overview is provided of how tools within Turnitin help you to give feedback and assistance to your students.
- Learn how to directly link to specific items within Magale’s Electronic Resources! This tutorial is especially helpful for faculty members wanting to incorporate items from Magale’s Electronic Collections into their courses via Blackboard.
Magale Library’s Webinar Archives
- This webinar covers how to get started in the research process, various types of resources used in academic assignments, how to determine resource quality, use of Magale’s search tools to access electronic resources, and the basics for citing resources using online tools in Magale’s electronic collections.
APA Citation Basics: Citing Books, Journals, and Webpages or alternate format with built-in player (Archive Webinar Spring 2017)
- This webinar provides an overview of American Psychological Association Style and focus on the basics of citing books, journal articles, and webpages. Attention will be given to in text and Reference List citations. Students will also learn about Magale’s APA Style resources and other useful tools relating to this unique writing style. Slides: APACitationBasics.BooksJournalsWebpagesSpring2017