The Office of Financial Aid provides financial assistance to qualified students in pursuit of their educational objectives. Assistance is available through federal, state and institutional programs which include grants, loans, student employment and scholarships. All programs are administered in accordance with governing regulations.
Applying for Aid
The first step in applying for any form of financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is available in two formats: electronic and paper.
Electronic – Student may complete the application and submit it directly to the processing center electronically at www.fafsa.gov. SAU’s school code is 001107.
Paper – Students may obtain paper FAFSA’s by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. Once the FAFSA has been completed, it must be mailed to the FAFSA processor.
If you are registered in SAU on-line only classes, most financial aid applications and processes are available electronically for your convenience. If you need additional assistance, please contact financial aid by clicking the “Contact Us” button.
Check out FAFSA Hooray on YouTube .
Financial Aid Policies
- Program Participation Agreement [pdf]
- SAU – Student Direct Deposit Form [pdf]
- Academic Progress Policy for Students
- Student Worker Employment Policy
- Title IV Code of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures for Awarding
- Drug Conviction Issues
- Printable Federal Direct Student Loan Application [pdf]
- Printable Graduate Direct/Plus Loan Application [pdf]
- Printable Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Application [pdf]
- 2015 Summer School Financial Aid Request [pdf]
- Alternative Loan Choices
- 2014-15 Fall-Spring Disbursement Dates
- 2015 Summer Disbursement Dates
- Learn the Basics and Manage Your Debt
- While you are in school [pdf[
- Student Loan Checklist [pdf]
- Before-You-Go-Worksheet [pdf]
- Debt Resolution [pds]
- Loan Servicers Contact Information
- How to Consolidate Loans - or click here for - paper application process
- More Direct Consolidation Loan information
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness or visit www.studentloans.gov – under Managing Repayment
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness or visit www.studentloans.gov – under Managing Repayment
- Arkansas Department of Higher Education – State Teacher Education Program (STEP)
- Dependent Verification [pdf]
- Independent Verification [pdf]
- Identity & Statement of Ed Purpose Institution[pdf]
- Child Support Form [pdf]
- Receipt of SNAP Benefits [pdf]
- Signature Page [pdf]
- Asset Form [pdf]
Summer School Aid Request Form