The Office of Financial Aid provides financial assistance to qualified students in pursuit of their educational objectives. Assistance is available through federal, state and institutional programs which include grants, loans, student employment and scholarships. All programs are administered in accordance with governing regulations.
Applying for Aid
The first step in applying for any form of financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is available in two formats: electronic and paper.
Electronic – Student may complete the application and submit it directly to the processing center electronically at www.fafsa.gov. SAU’s school code is 001107.
Paper – Students may obtain paper FAFSA’s by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. Once the FAFSA has been completed, it must be mailed to the FAFSA processor.
If you are registered in SAU on-line only classes, most financial aid applications and processes are available electronically for your convenience. If you need additional assistance, please contact financial aid by clicking the “Contact Us” button.
Check out FAFSA Hooray on YouTube .
Financial Aid Policies
- Program Participation Agreement [pdf]
- SAU – Student Direct Deposit Form [pdf]
- Academic Progress Policy for Students
- Student Worker Employment Policy
- Title IV Code of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures for Awarding
- Drug Conviction Issues
- Federal Direct Student Loan Booklet 2015 [pdf]
- Federal Direct Graduate Student Loan Booklet 2015[pdf]
- Federal Direct Plus Loan Booklet 2015[pdf]
- 2016 Summer School Financial Aid Request [pdf]
- Alternative Loan Choices
- 2015-16 Fall-Spring Disbursement Dates
- 2016 Summer Disbursement Dates
Verification Forms for 2016-2017
- Dependent Verification [pdf]
- Independent Verification [pdf]
- Identity & Statement of Ed Purpose Institution[pdf]
- Child Support Form [pdf]
- Receipt of SNAP Benefits [pdf]
- High School Completion Status [pdf]
- Signature Page [pdf]
- Asset Form [pdf]
### Verification Forms for 2015-2016 are available upon request if needed ###
- Learn the Basics and Manage Your Debt
- While you are in school [pdf[
- Student Loan Checklist [pdf]
- Before-You-Go-Worksheet [pdf]
- Debt Resolution [pds]
- Find YOUR Student Loan Information (loans taken our and loan Servicr) by going to – https://www.nslds.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- In-school Deferment forms for student loans [pds] forms must be printed completed by student and turned in to the Office of the Registrar for Section 4 completion
- In-school deferment forms for parent loans [pdf] forms must be printed completed by student and turned in to the Office of the Registrar for Section 4 completion
- Loan Servicers Contact Information phone and website Find you servicer and go to their website and create a user account
- How to Consolidate Loans – or click here for – paper application process
- More Direct Consolidation Loan information
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness or visit www.studentloans.gov – under Managing Repayment
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness or visit www.studentloans.gov – under Managing Repayment
- Arkansas Department of Higher Education – State Teacher Education Program (STEP)
Summer School Aid Request Form