Financial Aid Process
- Apply for Admission at saumag.edu/apply
- Please make sure you complete all questions completely and respond to requests immediately so you will be admitted quickly.
- If you have completed this step and have been fully admitted to Southern Arkansas University, welcome, Mulerider!
- Create your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at fafsa.gov AND complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure to add our school code – 001107—Southern Arkansas University
- Check Mulerider student email regularly. You will receive updates and requests from Financial Aid by email and text message for cell number on file
- Federal Pell Grant eligible students will be awarded based on the need analysis from the FAFSA.
- Financial Aid will automatically award Direct Student Loans to eligible students. You will need to accept or decline the loan electronically by logging in to your MySAU account. Check the “How to” section at saumag.edu/finaid for instructions.
- Federal College Work-Study will be awarded to eligible students if requested or undecided. Work on-campus positions are limited and not guaranteed. Awarded funds must be earned and will be paid based on the number of hours worked.
- Financial Aid and scholarships are awarded daily. Athletic scholarships are generally awarded after the regular semester begins. Please email email@example.com to inquire about scholarships expected but not reflected.
Financial Aid Timeline
|October||File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.gov by October 1st|
|December||End of semester scholarship continued eligibility check|
|February||Check student email and department websites for scholarship application deadlines for the upcoming academic year|
|March||Summer financial aid applications available
Priority deadlines for beginning freshman
|May||Lock in upcoming semester schedule reminder|
|June||Confirm Fall financial aid awards
Priority FAFSA deadline
|July||Lock in upcoming semester schedule reminder|
|August||Lock in upcoming semester schedule reminder BEFORE Fall semester begins|