About the Campus
The Southern Arkansas University campus is comprised of nearly 1,400 acres on the northern edge of Magnolia, Arkansas. While SAU is conveniently located within driving distance of Dallas, Shreveport, and Little Rock, Magnolia offers a small-town setting and family-like feel.
The SAU Office of Admissions is now offering tours and appointments with prospective students in a variety of formats. In addition to personalized on-campus tours, student may also schedule one-on-one online appointments with an Admissions Counselor or a virtual personalized tour.
Each semester, SAU offers Preview Days for high schools and other prospective students to come tour campus – including academic buildings, housing, student life facilities and more. To cater to groups and individuals, SAU hosts Preview Days for prospective students. Registration required at www.saumag.edu/rsvp. Upcoming fall 2020 dates include:
- October 1, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- November 13, 2020
Personalized On-Campus Tour
At SAU, we pride ourselves on our personalized approach to campus tours. We offer a tour experience that is customized to your interests. Book your on-campus tours below.
For your safety and COVID-19 precautions, we have made the following updates to our on campus tours. Our mission is to keep you and our campus healthy and safe during these uncertain times.
Please click the button below to select a date and time on our tour calendar. At this time, limited tour slots are available due to COVID-19 precautions.
- How do I check in? – Call our Admissions Office at 870-235-4040 upon arrival to Overstreet Hall to check in for your tour.
- Where will check in be? – Check in will be outside of Overstreet Hall. An Admissions staff member will greet you at the door to take your temperature, provide your Admissions information, check you in, and answer any questions you have before your tour begins.
- Do I have to wear a mask? – Yes. If you do not have a mask we will be able to provide one.
- Will I be able to meet with other departments and professors? – Unfortunately, not at this time. Our faculty and most staff are still working remotely, but we will provide you with the contact information with that department/professor.
- Virtual tours are still available.
Virtual Appointment with an Admissions Counselor
If you aren’t able to make it to campus, or would like to speak directly to a full-time Admissions Counselor, you may book an appointment for a virtual appointment below.