**Please note that Transfer Scholarships are only awarded for FALL SEMESTERS.**
Scholarships are limited and will be awarded on a competitive basis to those students that complete the application process. You will receive an award letter if selected for the award.
- Eligibility: Recipients will be chosen on the basis of overall academic achievement and campus and community involvement. The scholarship committee will review applications and select recipients. Those selected to receive the scholarship are required to enroll in 15 credit hours at Southern Arkansas University. Students who enroll part-time are not eligible. Students applying for the Community College Transfer Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale for all college work.
- Completion of at least 48 transferrable credits. The majority of these hours should be from a community college and the last attendance must be at a community college. Also, note that preference is given to those students that have most recently attended a community college in Arkansas, Bossier Parrish Community College, Texarkana College, Panola College, Paris Junior College or Northeast Texas Community College. These transfer scholarships are not available for students transferring from a four-year institution.
- Applying: Students who meet the above criteria must submit all required materials by the April 15, 2023 deadline:
- Complete the Transfer Scholarship application online (see application below).
- Complete an application for admission to Southern Arkansas University.
- A copy of your current course enrollment (if applicable).
- To complete your application, you must send up-to-date transcripts from ALL colleges that you have attended to the SAU Office of Admissions. Please send the most complete transcripts that you have if you are presently enrolled at a community college. If presently enrolled, final transcripts should then be sent as soon as your current semester grades are posted. Final transcripts should then be sent when the current semester is completed.
- Amount and Renewal Requirements: Students receiving the Community College Transfer Scholarship will be awarded $3000.00 per semester for up to four semesters. The scholarship is renewable each semester if the recipient completes at least 15 credit hours per semester on the SAU Magnolia campus and maintains a 2.75 GPA.