To determine transfer eligibility, the following regulations apply:
- Transfer students must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Transfer students who have attempted 1-14 semester hours must meet the admission standards for freshman. If they have a cumulative grade point average of less than 1.0 (on a 4.0 scale), their admission is subject to approval of the director of admissions.
- Transfer students who have attempted 15-29 semester hours must have a cumulative GPA of 1.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) to be considered for admission.
- Transfer students who have attempted 30 or more semester hours must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) to be considered for admission.
- Transfer Students must provide transcripts indicating the courses equivalent to Composition I and College Algebra have been successfully completed with grades of C or higher or submit ACT, SAT, Compass, or ASSET scores for placement purposes.
- Transfer students who are 25 years of age or older are admitted regardless of ACT, SAT, or ASSET scores, but if they have not completed Comp I and College Algebra, they must submit ACT, SAT, Compass, or ASSET scores for placement. Transferring of Credits
- The hours earned at an accredited institution will be posted to the SAU transcript, but the GPA earned at those institutions will not be used to calculate the cumulative GPA.
- Only courses with grades of C or higher will transfer.
Additional Transfer policies:
All entering transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours must provide an official
copy of their high school transcript or GED certificate and a copy of each ACT or SAT
taken. Federal financial aid may require any transfer student to provide an official high
school transcript or GED scores.
No transfer students may disregard their academic records at other institutions they have
previously attended. All records should be evaluated before registering at SAU, or the
students will have to accept the consequences of enrolling in duplicate courses or failing
to enroll in required courses.
Students transferring from two-year collegiate institutions (including SAU Tech) may
transfer a maximum of 68 semester hours toward their SAU graduation requirements.
Detailed transfer policies are outlined in the University Catalog.
Graduate transfer policies can be found in the Graduate Catalog.