Frequently Asked Questions for Transfer Students

How do I apply for admission to SAU?

Submit the application for admission.  You need to have official transcripts from each educational institution previously attended sent to the Office of Admissions. Official transcripts are those received by mail directly from the issuing institution.  After you have been admitted, you will need to submit proof of immunization to the Office of Admissions.

How do I know if I have been admitted?

You will receive a mailed acknowledgment that will indicate any needed items to complete your admission process.  An admission decision will be made once we have enough academic information to determine that you have a 2.0 GPA for admittance.  If  you are currently enrolled in another institution, your admission file will not be complete until we receive completed official transcripts.  Once you have been fully admitted, you will receive an official acceptance letter.

When is the transfer scholarship deadline?

The priority deadline is April 15.


How do I apply for a transfer scholarship?

A completed transfer scholarship application must be submitted by the priority deadline of April 15.  These scholarships require 48 transferable hours and a 3.0 GPA.  The transfer scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis.

How do I find out if my courses from a community college in will transfer to SAU?

SAU has articulation/transfer agreements in place with area community colleges.  If your community college is not listed in the articulation guides, we will glad to offer an initial transcript review to help determine what credits will transfer to SAU.   Note that only courses completed with a C grade or higher will be accepted for transfer credit.

Is there a limit to the number of credits that I can transfer to SAU?
The limits vary on the number of credits.  We will apply up to 68 transferable hours from a regionally accredited two-year institution towards a baccalaureate degree at SAU.

How can I find a contact in my major or academic department?

See the SAU Colleges Deans and Chairs list.  Also, you can contact Shelly Whaley, Associate Dean of Enrollment Services, for assistance with making an academic connection.

Where can I view copies of degree plans for majors at SAU?

All of our academic degree plans are available online.  If you need a hard copy, please contact the Advising and Assistance Center at (870) 235-5175.

Do you offer services for students with physical or learning disabilities?

The mission of the SAU Office of Disability Support Services is to coordinate services and accommodations for students with disabilities to ensure accessibility and usability of all programs, services, and activities. Disability Support Services also serves as a resource for information and as an advocate for students with disabilities for full participation in all aspects of campus life.

How can I register for classes?

For fall registration, you will be invited to attend a registration event during the summer months.  For spring registration, please contact the Office of Admission at (870) 235-4040 for information regarding registration dates.