Southern Arkansas University’s transfer equivalency site is provided as a guide for our prospective transfer students. The Transfer Evaluation System (TES) provides access to course equivalencies that are a helpful estimate of how a prospective student’s courses will transfer to SAU. Please read the following information before you continue:
- Use the TES system as an informal evaluation tool for transfer credit to SAU.
- The fact that a course appears in the list is no guarantee that the course will transfer in your individual case.
- Final determination of transfer credit acceptance is ultimately made by the deans and/or department chairs. This determination will be made during initial meetings with your assigned academic advisor. You must submit official transcripts of all completed coursework before a final determination can be made on credit transfer.
- A class listing in the system does not guarantee that it is currently offered at either school.
- Courses transfer to SAU on the same level as taken (lower or upper division) at the original institution.
- Only courses with a grade of C or higher will transfer to SAU.
- Course equivalencies may change at any time without notice. Course equivalencies are under constant review and are continuously being developed.
- Additional courses and/or schools will be added frequently to the equivalency system. If you have questions about courses that are not listed in the system, you can submit evaluations requests via email at GA-TES@saumag.edu.
How to use TES
- Begin by finding and selecting the institution below where you took courses.
- Click the arrow (>) on the left.
- Find your course in the left-hand column. The right-hand column will tell you the SAU equivalent.
- Select the View button next to the course for additional notes about the transfer course.