Access to Electronic Resources
- ON CAMPUS:
- Click on Databases by Title or E-Journals by Title in the Electronic Resources drop-down menu at the top of the library webpage.
- Begin with the same instructions as on campus
- You will be prompted for a username and password after selecting a database
- Typically, the same as for Blackboard
Password: (same as for Blackboard)
- Off-campus access to databases is only available to SAU students, faculty, and staff.
- New Students:
- Contact Technology Services (870-235-4083) to get login information. If you have forgotten your login, it can be reset on MySAU at Login or Password Help.
- Other important information
- Learn more by watching our video tutorial: Electronic Resources: How to Find E-Books, E-Articles, Videos, & Other Materials within Magale’s Electronic Collections
- Library resources must be accessed using the links provided on the Magale Library website.
- Faculty, staff, and students must have a valid Southern Arkansas University ID
- ID cards are available in Reynolds 101 Student Life.
What may be borrowed?
- Items that may be checked out include books, VHS tapes, DVDs, audiocassette books, and music CDs.
- Items that may not be checked out include current periodicals, bound periodicals, reference materials, microforms, and maps.
What if I have overdue items?
- Overdue fines are 10 cents per day, per item.
- Academic records will be put on hold if items are overdue.
- Items not returned will be billed to the corresponding user account.
May I renew items?
- Books and other items may be renewed once by phone or in person for the same period of time as original checkout.
- However, if another patron has requested an item you have checked out, you will not be able to renew it.
Where are reserve items located?
- Located at the Checkout Desk
- Most are “in-library use only”
- Loan period is noted on the front of each item
- Overdue fines are $1.00 per item per hour, starting with the first minute the item is overdue
What if I lost an item?
- Lost items will be billed to the corresponding user account
- Charges include the replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee
How long may I borrow an item?
- Check-out periods may vary depending on the item type and location.
- Typical check-out periods are:
- Books – 28 days
- Video Tapes & DVDs – 7 days
- Audio Tapes & Books on CD – 14 days
- Music CDs & Records – 7 days
- Reserves – according to the professor’s request (in-library use only, 1 day, 3 days, or 7 days)
Learn more about finding resources in our library by watching our video tutorial: How to Find Books, Videos, Magazines, and Other Materials within Magale Library
How do I apply for a Student Worker Position?
Apply for a Library Student Worker Position here
For more information, contact Kayla Rasberry, Circulation Supervisor at 870-235-4175.