Mission Statement and Statement of Core Values
The Rankin College of Business of Southern Arkansas University impacts current and future business leaders and equips them to succeed in the global economy through our engaging and innovative (undergraduate, graduate, and “outreach” business) programs. Future business leaders are prepared to manage their organizations toward economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
Our core values drive us to accomplish our mission with excellence.
- Student success: We impact personal and professional development by transforming student potential into career success.
- Teaching excellence: We support an innovating environment for rich experiential learning, stimulating pedagogy, and scholarly inquiry applied to inventive instructional methods.
- Student engagement: We use classroom and professional activities to cultivate an atmosphere of individual attention and an appreciation of the advantages of teamwork.
- Professional engagement: We anticipate continuous improvement in intellectual and leadership functions to positively impact the University and business profession.
- Community engagement: We develop mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, industry, and the surrounding community (to impact profitable and innovative activities).
- Environmental impact: We will instill awareness of environmental sustainability in students and to provide eco-friendly educational services that are produced through environmentally sustainable processes.
- Personal and professional integrity: We expect ethical behavior, mutual respect, and collegiality from students, faculty and professional staff.