Do you have dreams of leading an organization? Now is your chance! Enter our contest to be Dean for the Day and lead the Rankin College of Business.
This fall one student will switch places with Dean Sronce. She will head back to the classroom to take the student’s role, and the student will assume her responsibilities. These could include meetings with administrators, faculty, students, alumni, and business leaders. The student will learn more about the workings of the Rankin College of Business and what it takes to lead the school.
Winner will be “Dean of the Rankin College of Business for the day.”
- Student will take Dean Sronce’s place in meetings and events on agreed upon date. Dean Sronce will fill-in for the student, attending classes and other activities.
- $100 to a Rankin College of Business student club of the winner’s choice and $100 gift certificate for professional attire.
Runner up prizes
- $50 to Rankin College of Business student club of winner’s choice and $25 Declining Balance dollars
- Senior-level Southern Arkansas University Students with a declared major in the Rankin College of Business.
- Must be enrolled in at least two seated business classes.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to use your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage, and statements in connection with the Contest.
- Note: Students will still be responsible for graded work due on day of the switch.
How to Apply
- Submit online application by 5 pm on September 27, 2022.
- Selections will be reviewed by Dean, two faculty, and two students from Business Student Advisory Council. Selected students will advance to the final stage.
- Finalists will be notified by October 4, 2022.
- Finalists will be invited to submit a short video by 5 pm on October 14 that will be hosted online from October 19 – October 25, 2022. Votes will be collected and the top vote-getter will be selected and notified by October 28, 2022.
- Student and dean will agree on a date to swap places between Nov 3 and 22.
Vote for Dean for the Day
Voting is now closed. Thanks to all who participated!