Deadline: March 1 of the academic year in which the application is filed.
Southern Arkansas University annually awards 20 one-year College Scholarships to currently enrolled undergraduate students. The scholarships are $2,500 for the fall semester and $2,500 for the spring semester of the following academic year.
These scholarships are available for students majoring in the following colleges:
- Rankin College of Business (5 awards)
- College of Education (5 awards)
- College of Liberal and Performing Arts (5 awards)
- College of Science and Engineering (5 awards)
- must have attended SAU, Magnolia for at least two semesters and have earned 30 semester hours by the end of the academic year in which the application is filed.
- must not have a baccalaureate degree.
- must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale).
- must have a declared major (cannot use Undecided) in the college from which the scholarship is sought and, if awarded, continue in that major for the duration of the scholarship.
- must not be receiving an SAU academic scholarship concurrently with college scholarship, should it be awarded.
- Complete a brief application available online.
- Deadline: March 1 of the academic year in which the application is filed.
- Scholarships are for one year only and are awarded competitively each year. Prior year recipients must re-apply and are eligible for competitive consideration in their junior and senior years.
- This scholarship award will be rescinded if the recipient does not earn a minimum of 12 credit hours, the required cumulative 3.00 grade point average, and 30 cumulative hours at the end of the spring semester of the academic year in which the application is filed.
- Recipients will be notified if selected for a scholarship.