Captains will serve as the liaison between Intramural Sports and their team. “Team representatives” are defined as the following but are not limited to: a player, a non-player, captain, coach, manager, spectator, or anyone representing a team. The captain of each team is responsible for these representatives at all times. There will be a mandatory team captains meeting before the start of all intramural sports. Team representatives can affect the team’s sportsmanship and playoff eligibility and can be ejected or asked to leave the premises and any other acts the Intramural Sports staff deems eligible. These actions and disciplinary steps can happen at any time, before, during, or after any intramural sports event.
Captain’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Select a proper and appropriate team name. Any team names deemed inappropriate must be changed immediately.
- Ensure your team has the minimum number of players before the first scheduled game.
- Check eligibility of each player before and during the regular season as well as prior to playoffs.
- Be present at the captains meeting before the start of a sport. If the captain can not attend, send one representative of the team to attend.
- Educate team members about sport specific rules and regulations.
- Inform team members of game times and dates to avoid forfeits.
- Confirm that team representatives comply with all rules, policies, and procedures.