Southern Arkansas University’s code of conduct is enforced at the Mulerider Activity Center at all times. Use of the MAC facilities is a privilege and participants are expected to act accordingly and respect the rights of others. All students are encouraged to exercise good judgment in caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. Individuals who engage in unacceptable or irresponsible behavior may have their access to the MAC revoked or modified by the Director of the Mulerider Activity Center. Students may be subject to further university disciplinary action as outlined in SAU’s Student Handbook. Guidelines of Conduct include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below.
- Fighting: The MAC has zero tolerance for violence or intimidation of any sort. Anyone engaging in any sort of physical abuse of others or conduct that threatens or endangers the health and safety of any member of the university will result in immediate removal and disciplinary actions.
- Offensive Words & Actions: Spitting on floors or in drinking fountains is prohibited. Use of obscenity, insulting language, swearing, or profanity is prohibited. Harassment and/or hazing of other members or staff are prohibited. Such actions could include, but are not limited to any activity that might reasonably bring embarrassment or emotional, psychological or physical harm to an individual or might degrade or otherwise compromise the dignity of an individual.
- Disorderly Conduct: The MAC Student Employees have the authority to demand that unruly students leave the premise if their conduct necessitates such action. Examples include, but are not limited to: vandalism, spitting on the floors, hanging from basketball rims, yelling, fighting, dropping weights, and/or violating the MAC rules and regulations.
- Safety and Supervision: All MAC students are responsible for maintaining a safe environment. Cooperation of everyone is necessary to ensure the MAC operates properly.
- Dangerous Activity: Activity that is destructive or appears to be unsafe is prohibited and will result in retribution of repair costs and expenses to the destructive act.