Role of Title IX Leadership Team
- Ensure compliance with federal law, rules, recommendations, and advisements
- Recommend new policy and methods for implementing policy
- Provide leadership and direction for all Title IX activities, and related strategic efforts for prevention of sex and gender-based discrimination.
- In case of sexual harassment, assault, violence, and stalking (leading to sex- and gender-based discrimination), members of the team:
- Determine if conditions exist(ed) and make discipline and related recommendations
Title IX Coordinator
Dr. Alec Testa
Associate Professor of Counseling/ Chair, Dept. of Counseling & Professional Studies
Counseling & Professional Studies
Building/Office: Cross (CRS) 110
Slot Number: 24
The Title IX Coordinator is the designated university official with primary responsibility for coordinating the university’s compliance with Title IX. This includes providing leadership for Title IX activities; providing consultation, education and training; and helping to ensure the university responds appropriately, effectively and equitably to Title IX issues.