Columbia County Victim’s Assistance
The Victim Assistance Coordinator for Columbia County is Darla Longino. If you would like to contact her, please call (870) 901-3547 or go by her office, 204 West Calhoun St., which is the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, in Magnolia, Arkansas.
- Other important phone numbers, if you are a victim, are:
Compassion Foundation – (870) 235-1414
Arkansas Crime Victims Reparations Program
It was created by Arkansas Legislature in 1987 to provide financial compensation to victims who have suffered personal injury or death as the result of a violent crime, including DWI. Assistance available includes medical care, counseling, lost wages, funeral expenses, loss of support for dependents of deceased victims, and crime scene clean up.
Only victims of violent crime, minor child of eligible victim, spouse or parents or grandparents of certain victims, non-immediate family members of a victim who reside in the same permanent household as a deceased victim at the time of the crime, individuals who discover the body of a homicide victim, a person injured by an act of terrorism outside the United States, or Arkansas residents victimized in another state that has no compensation program are eligible for assistance.
In order to be eligible for assistance, you must:
- have reported the incident to proper authorities within 72 hours of the incident,
- have filed an application within one year of the incident,
- suffer personal injury or death as a result of a criminal act,
- not have a criminally injurious felony conviction,
- not have been engaging in illegal activity at the time of the incident,
- not be incarcerated at the time of the incident.
If the crime and injuries involved a vehicle, the incident must involve the intent to inflict harm, a hit and run, or the suspect must be in violation of the Omnibus DWI Act.
Applications can be obtained by contacting the Attorney General’s Office at (501) 682-1020 or (800) 448-3014, by visiting their website www.ArkansasAG.gov, or contacting your local Victim/Assistance Coordinator’s Office.
Resources and Hotlines
- Arkansas Department of Health and Human Services
- Turning Point 24-hour Hotline
- Compassion Foundation Abuse 24-hour Hotline
- Magnolia Regional Medical Center
- Women’s Crisis Center of South Arkansas
- Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Little Rock, AR
- Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Organization for Victim Assistance
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Powerpoint training on “consent”