SAU and the Office of Online Learning have committed to supporting our students by providing a variety of resources to help students succeed when using Blackboard or its integrated tools. All students gain access to a Blackboard course called Getting to Know Blackboard. Students should explore the resources provided here as the course demonstrates typical organization and frequently used tools in Blackboard.
- Fully online students have access to and are expected to complete the SAU Online Student Primer course before they can access the courses in which they are enrolled.
Way to Get Help
First, let your faculty member(s) know that you are having trouble with something. Tip: Be sure to include helpful information like what course you’re enrolled in and a detailed description of what’s giving you trouble. After you’ve contacted your faculty member(s), your next step is to request support using one of the following:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM? The Office of Online Learning is available to help. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment or request assistance.
- Late night or early morning problems? Contact our 24/7 Blackboard support service. Their support is available by chat, email, or phone: https://saumag.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Want to do a little troubleshooting?
A lot of common issues can be fixed by using an up-to-date web browser. You can find a list of Blackboard’s compatible web browsers here or use the Blackboard Browser Checker to identify any issues with your current web browser.
You can try clearing your browsing data (history, cookies, and cached images) to troubleshoot issues viewing something on Blackboard. Here are instructions for that process for the common web browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
- Account Information or Password Reset (SAU systems, Blackboard, Microsoft)
- Blackboard YouTube Playlist for Students
- Blackboard Mobile App Information, Android download, Apple download
- Blackboard Student Tutorials
- Blackboard Collaborate Tutorials
- ProctorU Student Support and Tutorials
- Respondus Lockdown Browser Download, Instructions, and Tutorials; Respondus Monitor
- TurnItIn Tutorials
- VoiceThread Tutorials