Summer 2021 Commencement
Date and Location
Southern Arkansas University’s Summer 2021 Commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, July 30th, at 10:00am in the W.T. Watson Athletic Center. This will be a combined ceremony for all undergraduate and graduate students.
Candidates should arrive for check-in at the Watson Center Auxiliary Gym at least one hour before the ceremony start time.
There will be no guest limits or tickets required for guests to attend the summer commencement ceremony, and face coverings will be optional for all attendees.
Graduation regalia (caps and gowns, plus hoods for graduate students) will be available to pick up at the SAU Bookstore in mid-July. The cost of regalia is included in your graduation fee, and will be yours to keep after the ceremony.
Regalia may also be picked up the day of the ceremony at the check-in table in the auxiliary gym beginning one hour before the ceremony.
If you would prefer to receive your regalia by mail, please contact the bookstore at (870) 235-4050. The cost of shipping is $7.50.
Only University-approved accessories, such as academic cords, stoles, and medallions from within academic disciplines, may be worn over regalia. Decorated caps are not allowed. Graduates will be asked to remove any unauthorized items.
Grisham Photography will take professional pictures during the ceremony.
An envelope included in the regalia bag will provide instructions about purchasing these photographs.
Photography order envelopes can also be picked up and dropped off at the check-in table before the ceremony, or orders can be made by contacting Grisham Photography directly at (318) 539-3489 or email@example.com.
Diplomas for summer graduates will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application no later than 45 days after commencement.
If this address is not correct, please send an update to firstname.lastname@example.org to prevent any delay in receiving your diploma.
How to Apply for Graduation
Degree-Seeking Students (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s Degrees)
- Log in to mySAU and click on “Campus Connect” tab in the top menu.
- Acknowledge Student Accounts message.
- Navigate to the “Forms” tab (above your student photo) and click “Apply for Graduation.”
- Choose term of expected graduation and click “Display Form.”
- Complete all required fields, click “Continue Degree Info” to add your degree information, then click “Submit” to submit form.
- Save email verification of your application for your records. If you do not receive a verification email, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com to ensure your application was received.
- Contact your advisor to request that they complete an updated degree audit form if they have not already done so (undergraduate students only).
Graduate Certificate Students
- Complete the online Application for Completion of Graduate Certificate form.
- Save email verification of application for your records. If you do not receive a verification email, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your application was received.