How to Apply for Graduation
Undergraduate (Associates or Bachelors)
- Login to mySAU and click on Campus Connect
- Navigate to the Forms tab and click “Apply for Graduation”
- Select term, complete form and submit
- Save email verification of application for your records
- A degree audit form must be completed by the student’s advisor and approved by their department chair and dean.
Graduate (Certificates or Masters)
- Apply online
- Save email verification of application for your records.
Spring and Summer 2020 Commencement
SAU is committed to the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends. During this worldwide pandemic, we have been forced to make unprecedented decisions in efforts to protect our most valuable asset: our people. Because of this, the May 2020 commencement ceremonies will be postponed and combined with our summer ceremonies on August 7 and August 8.
Location: W. T. Watson Athletic Center
Date: Friday, August 7, 2020
- 11:00 a.m. College of Liberal & Performing Arts (Associates and Bachelors)
- 2:00 p.m. College of Education (Bachelors)
- 5:00 p.m. School of Graduate Studies (Masters)
Location: W. T. Watson Athletic Center
Date: Saturday, August 8, 2020
- 11:00 a.m. College of Science & Engineering (Associates and Bachelors)
- 2:00 p.m. Department of Nursing (Bachelors)
- 5:00 p.m. Rankin College of Business (Associates and Bachelors)
All candidates should assemble in the Auxiliary Gym of the W. T. Watson Athletic Center no later than one hour before their ceremony start time. This arrival time will ensure that each candidate is present and correctly positioned in the line of march. If you fail to arrive on time, you may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Graduation regalia (caps and gowns, plus hoods for Masters students) will be available in the SAU Bookstore beginning July 27 through August 8. The cost of regalia is included in the graduation application fee, and students are allowed to keep their regalia after the ceremony. Graduation announcements may also be purchased from the bookstore for an additional fee.
SAU Bookstore Hours:
- 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., July 27 – July 30
- 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., August 3 – August 6
- 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., August 7
- 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., August 8
If you would like your regalia mailed to you, please contact the bookstore at (870) 235-4050 or email@example.com.
Proper dress for this important occasion is of the utmost importance; dark slacks with a dress shirt and tie are recommended for the men. Simply styled, dark-colored dresses or slacks, and comfortable shoes are recommended for the women.
Please be reminded that the only University approved accessory items to be worn over the graduation gown are academic cords, stoles, or medallions from within the academic disciplines. Fraternity and Sorority stoles will not be allowed. In addition, decorated caps will not be allowed. If you wear any unauthorized item, you will be required to remove the item.
A commercial photographer will photograph each graduate as he or she receives their diploma. Please refer to the envelope from Grisham Photography, enclosed with your regalia, for complete instructions on how to obtain still photographs.
If you cannot be present for your commencement ceremony, please submit a written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 5 indicating that you wish to graduate in absentia.
Diplomas will be mailed to the address submitted on the graduation application no later than 45 days after the end of your final semester (May for Spring 2020 grads or August for Summer 2020 grads). If this address is not correct, please immediately submit the Change of Student Information form through your student CampusConnect account.
This is the graduate’s moment and it is a time of dignity and reserve; as such, family and friends of the graduates are requested not to enter the gym floor during the graduation exercises.