Undergraduate (Associate or Bachelor)
- Login to mySAU and click on Campus Connect
- Navigate to the Forms tab and click “Apply for Graduation”
- Select term, complete form and submit
- Save e-mail verification of application for your records
- A degree audit form must be printed, completed with the assistance of the student’s advisor, and approved by the appropriate faculty members.
Graduate (Certificate or Master)
- Apply online
- Save e-mail verification of application for your records.
Fall 2019 Commencement
Location: W. T. Watson Athletic Center
Date: Friday, December 13
- 11:00 a.m. Rankin College of Business, College of Education, and College of Science & Engineering (Associates and Bachelors)
- 2:00 p.m. College of Liberal & Performing Arts (Associates and Bachelors) and School of Graduate Studies (Masters)
All candidates should assemble in the Auxiliary Gym of the W. T. Watson Athletic Center no later than one hour before their ceremony start time. This arrival time will ensure that each candidate is present, has the appropriate amount of time to take their yearbook photo and correctly positioned in the line of march. If you fail to arrive on time, you may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed to the address submitted on the graduation application no later than 60 days after Commencement. If this address is not correct, please immediately submit the Change of Student Information form through your student CampusConnect account.
Caps and gowns will be available in the bookstore beginning December 2, 2019 through December 13, 2019. Students will be allowed to keep their regalia. The bookstore hours are:
- 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., December 2 – December 6
- 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., December 9 – December 13
If you would like your regalia mailed, please contact the bookstore at (870) 235-4050.
Proper dress for this important occasion is of the utmost importance; dark slacks with a dress shirt and tie are recommended for the men. Simply styled, dark-colored dresses or slacks, and comfortable shoes are recommended for the women.
Please be reminded that the only University approved accessory items to be worn over the graduation gown are academic cords, stoles, or medallions from within the academic disciplines. Fraternity and Sorority stoles will not be allowed. In addition, decorated caps will not be allowed. If you wear any unauthorized item, you will be required to remove the item.
If you cannot be present, please submit a written notice to the Office of the Registrar before December 11, 2019, indicating that you wish to graduate in absentia.
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Graduation announcements may be purchased from the bookstore.
- A commercial photographer will photograph each graduate as he or she receives a diploma. Please refer to the envelope from Grisham’s Photography, enclosed with your regalia, for complete instructions on how to obtain still photographs.
This is the graduate’s moment and it is a time of dignity and reserve; therefore, family and friends of the graduates are requested not to enter the gym floor during the graduation exercises.