The Office of the Registrar is responsible for registration of classes, maintaining academic records, graduation, maintaining and processing records for veterans affairs, certifying eligibility for student athletes, processing transfer credit, maintaining degree audit, and processing transcripts.
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Fall & Spring)
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-Th (Summer)
Spring 2017 Commencement
Location: W. T. Watson Athletic Center
Date: Friday, May 5
- 8:30 a.m. Nursing
- 10:30 a.m. Rankin College of Business and College of Science & Engineering (Associates and Bachelors)
- 2:00 p.m. College of Education and College of Liberal & Performing Arts (Associates and Bachelors)
- 5:00 p.m. School of Graduate Studies (Masters)
All candidates should assemble in the Auxiliary Gym of the W. T. Watson Athletic Center no later than one hour before their ceremony start time. This arrival time will ensure that each candidate is present and correctly positioned in the line of march. If you fail to arrive on time, you may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed to the address submitted on the graduation application no later than 45 days after Commencement. If this address is not correct, please immediately submit the Change of Student Information form through your student CampusConnect account.
Caps and gowns will be available in the bookstore April 24 – May 5, 2017. Students will be allowed to keep their regalia. The bookstore hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, the bookstore will remain open until 5:00p.m. on May 5, 2017, in order to accommodate students. If you would like your regalia mailed, please contact the bookstore at (870) 235-4050.
Proper dress for this important occasion is of the utmost importance; dark slacks with a dress shirt and tie are recommended for the men. Simply styled, dark colored dresses or slacks, and shoes without high heels are recommended for the women.
If you cannot be present, please submit a written notice to the Office of the Registrar before May 3, 2017, indicating that you wish to graduate in absentia.
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Graduation announcements may be purchased from the bookstore.
- A commercial photographer will photograph each graduate as he or she receives a diploma. Please refer to the envelope from Grisham’s Photography, enclosed with your regalia, for complete instructions on how to obtain still photographs.