The Department of History, Political Science, and Geography offers degrees that prepare students for a wide range of careers.
Graduates in history enter a variety of professional fields and work as historians in government agencies, archives, museums, libraries, and non-profit institutions. Those earning degrees in political science understand the governing process and its relationship to complex issues arising in a modern society. Political science graduates are also prepared for many professions and find employment in both the private and public sector.
The department also provides a curriculum for history or political science majors who plan to enter law school following graduation.
- History (Social Studies Education)
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration (4 + 1 program)
- Master of Public Administration with Social Entrepreneurship Emphasis
- Minor in Africana Studies
- Minor in Asian Studies
- Minor in Geography
- Minor in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Political Science