|Completion Time:||2 years *|
|Cost Per Year:||In state: $6,597 / Out of State: $9,477|
|Complete Program Cost:||In state: $13,194 / Out of State: $18,954|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
Interested in being a catalyst for change? Social entrepreneurship (SE) means being creative in the methods you choose to address social problems, whether that be through social purposes businesses, nonprofit organizations or some combination of the two. SE is about being creative and mission focused; seeking change through innovation, collaboration and exploring new opportunities.
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) with Social Entrepreneurship Program is designed to prepare individuals for positions of leadership in public service organizations. This program will provide a strong foundation in public policy, the organizational environment, the management of public service organizations, and the application of quantitative and qualitative analysis to decision making. The development of critical thinking skills and self-motivation are key components of the MPA program.
The MPA-SE emphasis may be for you if:
- You want to use your knowledge of the public and nonprofit sectors to address social problems with an increased awareness of business tools.
- Examples could be promoting literacy through book sales or housing for the homeless in buildings that need renovation.
- Our graduates can communicate effectively.
- Our graduates are prepared to be personally and socially responsible citizens.
- Our graduates can think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions.
- Our graduates can use technology and other methods to access and evaluate information, and use information responsibly, legally, ethically, and effectively.
- Our graduates have content knowledge in their chosen fields and the necessary skills to be successful.
public service, community, government, administration, leadership, bureaucracy, politics, organization, non-profit
MPA with Social Entrepreneurship Emphasis Program Requirements (36 hours)
PA 6003 Principles of Public Administration
PA 6023 Ethics
PA 6053 Public and Non-Profit Budgeting
PA 6063 Public Policy
PA 6073 Research Methods
PA 6083 Organizational Leadership
PA 6153 Public Personnel Administration
PA 6XX3 Program Evaluation
PA/SE 6113 Professional Project
MGMT/SE 6033 Creativity, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship
Select six hours from the following (one course must be taught by MBA faculty member):
ECON/SE 6043 Environmental Economics
MGMT/SE 6053 International Business
PA/SE 6133 The third sector: Theory and practice
PA/SE 6253 Social Activism
SCM/SE 6013 Project Management
SCM/SE 6043 Sustainable SCM Practices