Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Mulerider Spotlight: Michael White

Tell us a little about yourself.

“Well, I am originally from Nashville, AR, and moved to Magnolia in 2003 to start college. In the Spring of 2004, I became of member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. and have been an active/financial member for 15 years now. I am also the Nu Xi Sigma alumni chapter president and the alumni advisor of the undergraduate Theta Nu chapter at SAU. I graduated with My Bachelors of Business Administration with the emphasis in Management Information Systems and a minor in Management in December 2007. In August of 2012, I graduated with my Masters of Education with the emphasis in Student Affairs and College Counseling.”

What are your hobbies?

“My hobbies consist of spending time with my wife of 4 years (12 years total), my 1 year old daughter, and my 12 year old son. I also like hanging out with my family and my fraternity brothers.”

How long have you been working at SAU?

“In August of 2017, I began working here at SAU as a Student Accounts Specialist in the Business Office. I have been in this position for a little over two years now.”

What do you enjoy about working at SAU?

“The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to create ways to help speed up a process in order to get the students’ the information they need quicker.”

What advice would you give to incoming students?

“My advice to incoming students would be to make sure to pay close attention to the BAM sessions they attend because they are very informative and can help you get passed a lot of the long lines and waiting times during your time at SAU. Also, to make sure they use their student emails or have them forward to an email address they use because that is one of the many forms of communications we use to contact our students.”

What’s the best way to start the day?

“Personally, I believe the best way to start your day is to thank God for even allowing you to see the day. Along with that, always remember no matter the situation, things could always be worse than they already are.”

What movie title best describes your life?

“The one movie title that comes to mind would be The Incredibles to describe my life. Instead of being super heroes, we are just trying to be super parents. We are always on the move, and trying to better our lives. My son is in Jr. High now and trying to figure out how to fit in, and my daughter just likes to play and get into anything she can get her hands on and gets upset at anyone who tries to take her from her family.”

About the Author
Recent Posts
Athletics
Colby Clinton

Mulegating 101

Southern Arkansas University is a school with deep roots and rich tradition, and one of those traditions is our own version of tailgating, called Mulegating!

Mulerider Spotlight
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Benita Carbone

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Study Tips For Midterms

With midterms approaching next week, it is finally hitting all of us that maybe we should have been studying a little bit before now. Midterms

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Megan and Corynn’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Fun Things To Do On Campus

Hey Muleriders! I hope everyone is having a great semester so far! Do you ever find yourself not knowing what to do with your free

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000