Southern Arkansas University aspires to excellence in all programs and activities and works to create a welcoming environment for all. The University’s social media pages provide information about key happenings by sharing that information about Southern Arkansas University with prospective students, current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and friends. The following rules for social media pages are intended to promote a “Mulerider spirit” of caring and respect for each other.
While visitors may not generate their own posts on SAU’s social media pages, the University welcomes input via direct message and comments on posts. All viewpoints are welcome, and comments will not be removed based on the viewpoints expressed, provided that the comments otherwise comply with the rules listed below.
Southern Arkansas University may review and remove comments based on the following criteria:
- Encourage illegal activity
- Violate the intellectual property rights of any other party, such as copyright or trademark infringement
- Compromise the safety or security of Southern Arkansas University community members
- Contain obscenities
- Contain sexually or racially harassing content that is severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive
- Present a grave and imminent threat
- Incite imminent lawless action
- Contain true threats
- Are fraudulent
- Promote a business or commercial transaction
- Promote a candidate campaigning for election
Comments must also be directly related to the topic of the originated post from the page. The following are examples of comments that are considered not responsive to or not directly related to the posts:
|Post:||Congratulations to the SAU baseball and softball teams|
|Comment:||Arkansas has better barbeque than Texas!|
|Post:||The campus will be closed tomorrow because of snow and ice on the roads.|
|Comment:||The e-sports team is doing great this year.|
|Post:||Fall class registration will have new priority deadlines this year.|
|Comment:||I can’t wait for Spring Break!|
Southern Arkansas University may also remove “spam” or comments generated or that appear to have been generated by “social bots” (i.e., content posted by automated software, or “bots”).
Different social media platforms have community standards that are accepted by the user when posting on the particular platform. Southern Arkansas University is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments placed on this site by its visitors. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information placed on this page by the commenter.
Southern Arkansas University’s social media community standards (adapted from Facebook Community Standards are found here (link).
* The Policy of Texas A & M University was helpful in the preparation of this policy