Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for a way to decorate your crib, maybe you’ll get some ideas from these creative SAU students who call their SAU crib “home.”

Meet Megan Mullen and Corynn McKinnie

Megan is a freshman nursing major from Smackover, Arkansas, and Corynn is a freshman nursing major from Frisco, Texas.

They are residents of Burns-Harsh, which is a freshman-only residence hall for students in the Leadership College Living Learning Community. 

Megan: I would say the theme of our room is a homey feeling.

Corynn: I would say the theme of our room is also homey, but it has a very comfortable feeling towards it. 

Megan: Yes! All of my pictures have a huge sentimental meaning to me. I have pictures of my friends and family in there, and it just makes my room feel like it is my home away from home.

Corynn: The one thing that has the most sentimental value to me is our entertainment center. My Papa built it for us, and it means so much to me that he did that. 

Megan: I purchased most of the items in our room from TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby.

Corynn: My purchases also came from Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx.

Megan: My favorite purchase in our room is our coffee bar. It is so cute and makes the room feel even homier.

Corynn: I know this is funny, but my favorite purchase in my room is my laundry basket. Do you know how hard it was to find a cute laundry basket with wheels on it? I was super excited when I saw it. It makes going to the laundry room so much easier. 

Megan: What I enjoy most about living in Burns-Harsh is that it is a one-story building. We are all on the same level, so it is fairly easy to make friends.

Corynn: I enjoy how big the rooms are in Burns-Harsh. It allows more people to come in here and hang out with us.

Megan: It really is like a home away from home here. I love living here so much.

Corynn: I know saying “it feels like home” is so cliche to say, but it is so true. Living in Burns-Harsh completely feels like it is my home away from home. I am so glad I chose to live here. 

Megan: I think residents enjoy the bigger rooms as well. We are also all family, so it makes living in Burns-Harsh so much fun.

Corynn: I think the residents like living here because of the community life. You won’t meet a stranger in Burns-Harsh.

Megan: Our hall is unique because we have the cows in our back yard.

Corynn: Our hall is unique because of our back porch. We all sit out there and talk throughout the week. It helps to relieve some stress sitting out there on the benches. 

With a wide variety of housing and interest options, Southern Arkansas University Housing is designed around you to make your stay here some of the best years of your life.

About the Author
Recent Posts
Athletics
Colby Clinton

Mulegating 101

Southern Arkansas University is a school with deep roots and rich tradition, and one of those traditions is our own version of tailgating, called Mulegating!

Mulerider Spotlight
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Benita Carbone

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Study Tips For Midterms

With midterms approaching next week, it is finally hitting all of us that maybe we should have been studying a little bit before now. Midterms

Mulerider Spotlight
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Michael White

Tell us a little about yourself. “Well, I am originally from Nashville, AR, and moved to Magnolia in 2003 to start college. In the Spring

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Fun Things To Do On Campus

Hey Muleriders! I hope everyone is having a great semester so far! Do you ever find yourself not knowing what to do with your free

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000