Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Mulerider Spotlight: Seven Powers

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and we hope this series will allow you to get to know a few of our fellow Muleriders a little better.

In this edition of Mulerider Spotlight, we are showcasing Seven Powers. Seven is a senior Marketing major, with a minor in Mass Communication, from Little Rock, Arkansas.

What are your favorite hobbies?

“Some of my favorite hobbies are volleyball, hanging out with friends, and watching movies.”

What made you choose SAU?

“I chose SAU because it was like a home away from home! I also received a volleyball scholarship so that just sealed the deal. The staff and faculty here at SAU were great, and all the people were so friendly and welcoming!”

What is your favorite thing about SAU?

“My favorite thing at SAU would have to be getting to play volleyball, the game that I love, with some of my best friends!”

How long have you played volleyball?

“I’ve been playing volleyball for about ten years now.”

What made you choose volleyball over other sports?

“I played softball throughout my childhood and into junior high, but I picked volleyball because of the fast pace and competitive drive it brought me!”

What’s it like being on the SAU volleyball team?

“Being on the SAU volleyball team is honestly a once in a lifetime chance, and for that, I’m so grateful! It’s kind of like a sisterhood with us! We know how to push each other to be not only great players but also great individuals!”

What’s it like being a student-athlete?

“Being a student-athlete is quite difficult! Your time management has to be on a whole new level. For example, the volleyball team is traveling for weeks on end throughout the season, so I have to set aside time to knock out some homework wherever I get the chance. It might be on the bus, in the hotel, or at the gym! It all starts with time management for me.”

About the Author
Recent Posts
Athletics
Colby Clinton

Mulegating 101

Southern Arkansas University is a school with deep roots and rich tradition, and one of those traditions is our own version of tailgating, called Mulegating!

Mulerider Spotlight
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Benita Carbone

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Study Tips For Midterms

With midterms approaching next week, it is finally hitting all of us that maybe we should have been studying a little bit before now. Midterms

Mulerider Spotlight
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Michael White

Tell us a little about yourself. “Well, I am originally from Nashville, AR, and moved to Magnolia in 2003 to start college. In the Spring

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Megan and Corynn’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000