Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus. 

So if you are looking for a way to decorate your crib, maybe you’ll get some ideas from these creative SAU students who call their SAU crib “home.”

Meet Josey and Kaylie

Josey is a sophomore Animal Science major from Acorn, AR., and Kaylie is a sophomore Agriculture Education major from Gurdon, AR.

They are residents of Talley, which is home to the Agriculture Living Learning Community. 

Josey: A little, mostly because of my pictures remind me of my family and friends back home. The overall theme makes me feel like I am back on my family’s farm.

Kaylie: I enjoy having pictures of my family and friends in my room. The livestock décor in our room is important because Agriculture means so much to me and it has made a huge impact on who I am today.

Josey: My storage building and Walmart.

Kaylie: Tj Maxx and Hobby Lobby.

Josey: The cowhide rug.

Kaylie: The couch and our huge cow painting named Molly.

Josey: I love living in Talley. The best part is that I can set in the lobby and feel completely comfortable with the people surrounding me.

Kaylie: I love that all of my friends are just a knock away whenever I need them. Also living in Talley is a family tradition, my dad and many other family members lived here as well.

Josey: The overall atmosphere of Talley makes people feel like they can be themselves around others.

Kaylie: You never meet a stranger. Most of the residents have a lot of the same interests, this makes studying and making friends easier.

Josey: Everyone in Talley “ropes” you in with their personality making the atmosphere a friendly and welcoming one.

Kaylie: You will never meet more friendly faces than you will in Talley. There is always someone stopping by my room to hang out or just say “hi.”

With a wide variety of housing and interest options, Southern Arkansas University Housing is designed around you to make your stay here some of the best years of your life.

About the Author
Recent Posts
Faculty
Lindsey O'Neal

Mulerider Expert: Dr. Mahbub Ahmed

Dr. Mabub Ahmed received his B.S in Mechanical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology in 1997. He also has earned his M.S in

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Seven Powers

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Dr. Sam Heintz

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU.  There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Athletics
Colby Clinton

A Sitdown with SAU Running Back Dennis Daniels

It’s officially football season, Muleriders! The Muleriders football team defeated Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, Oklahoma on Thursday, September 5th at 6 p.m. I had

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000