Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU.  There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and we hope this series will allow you to get to know a few of our fellow Muleriders a little better.

In this edition of Mulerider Spotlight, we are showcasing Kelvin Tee. Kelvin is a Freshman majoring in Psychology and Biology (Pre-Health) from Malaysia.

What are your hobbies?

“Photography, watching movies, and listening to music.”

What made you choose SAU?

“SAU is an extremely affordable university in the US, and they also offer me a good scholarship. I also have some Malaysian friends that recommended I come to SAU. “

What on-campus organizations are you involved in?

“I’m involved in the Photography Club, Pre-Health Club, and the International Student Association.”

What is your favorite thing about SAU?

“All of the professors and students are very friendly. I also like the Farm Road because I like to ride my bicycle and take photos of the scenery over there. “

How has your experience been with the photography club?

“We just started our club and had our first student meeting this month, so I don’t really have much experience with the club yet. During the first meeting, however, the members expressed their excitement about the club which was unexpected.”

What motivated you to help create the photography club? 

“I want everyone to have the opportunity to learn photography. Through this club, I hope they can apply the skills that they have learned and take good pictures of their own.”

Who all was involved with creating the photography club? 

“Other than myself, Suprina Shrestha, Aryan Shrestha, Samir Kc, and Professor Steven Ochs.”

About the Author
Recent Posts
Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Baylie’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus. So if you are looking for

Education
Hunter Byrd

The Importance of Internships

Hey Muleriders! This week I am going to talk to you all about the importance of getting an internship while you are studying here at

Mulerider Living
Colby Clinton

Mulerider Expert: Battling Flu Season

Hey Muleriders! It’s that time of year again: flu season. It’s arguably the yuckiest time of the year, and you’re likely to know someone who

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Karly, Madesyn, Rebecca, and MyKayla’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Kiarra Evans

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000