Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Mulerider spotlight is a new Social @ SAU series that highlight the students, faculty, and staff of SAU.  There are so many wonderful people at SAU and we hope this series will allow you to meet fellow Muleriders.

With this spotlight, we are showcasing Kelvin Tee. Kelvin is a Freshman majoring in Psychology and Biology (Pre-Health) from Malaysia.

What are your hobbies?

“Photography, watching movies, and listening to music.”

What made you choose SAU?

“SAU is an extremely affordable university in the US, and they also offer me a good scholarship. I also have some Malaysian friends that recommended I come to SAU. “

What on-campus organizations are you involved in?

“I’m involved in the Photography Club, Pre-Health Club, and the International Student Association.”

What is your favorite thing about SAU?

“All of the professors and students are very friendly. I also like the Farm Road because I like to ride my bicycle and take photos of the scenery over there. “

How has your experience been with the photography club?

“We just started our club and had our first student meeting this month, so I don’t really have much experience with the club yet. During the first meeting, however, the members expressed their excitement about the club which was unexpected.”

What motivated you to help create the photography club? 

“I want everyone to have the opportunity to learn photography. Through this club, I hope they can apply the skills that they have learned and take good pictures of their own.”

Who all was involved with creating the photography club? 

“Other than myself, Suprina Shrestha, Aryan Shrestha, Samir Kc, and Professor Steven Ochs.”

About the Author
Recent Posts
Mulerider Living
Amy Thomas

Parker’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for

Campus Events
Dasha Pettis

Opioid Awareness Week

Now is the perfect time as a community for us to rally together for a good cause and to “Save AR Students“. The Student Government

Student Life
Lindsey O'Neal

4 Easy Recipes For Your Residence Hall Room

Everyone knows that the food in the dining hall isn’t exactly considered gourmet, and cooking in your dorm room can be difficult when all you’re

Mulerider Living
Aaron Wallis

Miss SAU 2019

Meet Your Miss SAU 2019 Contestants Courtnie Huffman Classification: Senior Major: Biology-Pre Health Hometown: Magnolia, AR Platform: Love Yourself! Courtnie wants to be Miss SAU

Mulerider Living
Amy Thomas

Time Management in College

1.) Use a Planner I appreciate the style of my planner a lot because it has various sections that make organization even easier. The first

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000