Southern Arkansas University - the most affordable, fastest growing university in Arkansas

Social Logo

Social @ SAU

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU.  There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and we hope this series will allow you to get to know a few of our fellow Muleriders a little better.

In this edition of Mulerider Spotlight, we are showcasing Kelvin Tee. Kelvin is a Freshman majoring in Psychology and Biology (Pre-Health) from Malaysia.

What are your hobbies?

“Photography, watching movies, and listening to music.”

What made you choose SAU?

“SAU is an extremely affordable university in the US, and they also offer me a good scholarship. I also have some Malaysian friends that recommended I come to SAU. “

What on-campus organizations are you involved in?

“I’m involved in the Photography Club, Pre-Health Club, and the International Student Association.”

What is your favorite thing about SAU?

“All of the professors and students are very friendly. I also like the Farm Road because I like to ride my bicycle and take photos of the scenery over there. “

How has your experience been with the photography club?

“We just started our club and had our first student meeting this month, so I don’t really have much experience with the club yet. During the first meeting, however, the members expressed their excitement about the club which was unexpected.”

What motivated you to help create the photography club? 

“I want everyone to have the opportunity to learn photography. Through this club, I hope they can apply the skills that they have learned and take good pictures of their own.”

Who all was involved with creating the photography club? 

“Other than myself, Suprina Shrestha, Aryan Shrestha, Samir Kc, and Professor Steven Ochs.”

About the Author
Recent Posts
Student Life
Colby Clinton

4 Study Spots You Should Steal from Me

Everyone has that place they go to study. Some people like sitting in the library among other students while others may want to be alone.

Mulerider Living
Amy Thomas

Self-Care in College

Self-care is an essential part of functioning in life. It is especially important in college, though, where the stresses of school, jobs, and finances can

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Jackson Hill

Mulerider Spotlight: Jackson Hill Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students of SAU. There are so many wonderful people at SAU,

Mulerider Living
Amy Thomas

Callie and Abby’s crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus.  So if you are looking for

Mulerider Living
Hunter Byrd

Mulerider Spotlight: Cait Light

Mulerider Spotlight is a Social @ SAU series that highlights students, faculty, and staff of SAU.  There are so many wonderful people at SAU, and

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000