Social Logo

Being motivated and prepared for an early morning class can be an extremely difficult task for most college students. Even if you manage to wake up on time it can still be hard to focus and pay attention in class.

Here are a few tips I’ve found successful for those early morning classes:

1.) Attend

The most important step in ensuring that you succeed in early morning classes is simply attending. Resist the urge to hit that snooze button! Not hitting snooze is always the hardest part for me. Getting an adequate amount of sleep can be a game changer. Being on time is important as well. It is extremely difficult to learn when you are not present!

2.) Be Alert

The first half of the battle is simply showing up, but it is pointless if you show up and you don’t pay attention! It can be hard to focus when you would much rather be sleeping, but there are a few things you can do to help with that. Coffee is an excellent way to start your morning and give you that extra boost that you need to pay attention in that early class. Eating breakfast before your class will also help you greatly. It is hard to focus when your stomach is growling. My daily morning routine consist of a quick shower to wake me up and coffee … lots of coffee! Another thing that I do that helps me focus in class is to wear nice clothes. I would not be able to focus in class if I were in my pajamas fighting to stay awake.

3.) Be Prepared

Lastly, being prepared is helpful in any class, but especially in a morning class. Bringing the proper supplies, taking notes, reading over class material, and completing homework are simple ways you can be prepared for your class. I’m always sure to bring paper, a writing utensil, and the textbook I am using for that class.

I’ve not perfected these steps by any means, but if you follow these steps it will greatly improve your chances in surviving and thriving in those early morning classes. Good luck, Muleriders!

Recent Posts

Miss SAU 2020

Eight students will compete in the annual Miss Southern Arkansas University Scholarship Competition. The competition will be on February 29 at 6 p.m. in Harton Theatre.

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Live the Mulerider Life with University Housing

It’s that time of the year again!  That’s right. The housing application process is open and ready for your application. At Southern Arkansas University, there

Mulerider Living
Lindsey O'Neal

Baylie’s Crib

Our crib’s feature is a Social @ SAU series that highlights decked-out residence hall rooms across the SAU campus. So if you are looking for

Education
Web Student Worker

The Importance of Internships

Hey Muleriders! This week I am going to talk to you all about the importance of getting an internship while you are studying here at

Mulerider Living
Web Student Worker

Mulerider Expert: Battling Flu Season

Hey Muleriders! It’s that time of year again: flu season. It’s arguably the yuckiest time of the year, and you’re likely to know someone who

Southern Arkansas University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. All Rights Reserved.
100 E. University, Magnolia, Arkansas 71753-5000 Telephone: (870) 235-4000
Online Privacy