Persons seeking admission to the School of Graduate Studies and the MBA program at SAU must submit an application, whether or not they intend to pursue a degree. The application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies may be completed online. There is a $25 fee required to submit an application. After the deadline, the fee will increase to $100.
Admission to the School of Graduate Studies at SAU does not imply admission to a graduate degree program. Some graduate programs have additional admission requirements. Applicants must be in good standing with the institution they last attended (and eligible for re-admission) in order to be eligible for admission to Southern Arkansas University.
Applications must be submitted based on the following deadlines:
- Fall semester: July 20
- Spring semester: December 1
- 1st Summer session: April 1
- 2nd Summer session: June 1
All application materials are submitted to the graduate office. Admission status will be determined when all required materials (listed below) have been submitted. Students will be notified in writing when they have been admitted.
A student may be admitted into the MBA program if he/she holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university regardless of the undergraduate field of study.
Although the MBA curriculum is designed primarily for graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration program, graduates of other fields of study can enter the MBA program with the 24 hour prerequisite program.
The prerequisite program would include:
- Six hours of principles of accounting or three hours of survey of accounting (sophomore level or above),
- Three hours of business finance or financial management (junior level or above),
- Three hours of statistics (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of principles of marketing (at the junior level or above),
- Three hours of micro- economics (sophomore level or above), and
- Three hours of organization theory and behavior or principles of management (junior level or above).
- Submit the following to the School of Graduate Studies:
- Graduate Studies Application – Complete online at www.saumag.edu/graduate
- Submit all official transcripts to Graduate Studies offices
- 2.2 Minimum GPA required
*See the MBA website for more information about admission requirements.
Students who have not been enrolled in graduate school at SAU for one calendar year are required to re-apply for admission. The application fee, deadlines and current admission requirements apply.