Items that you should pack:
- Single Size bed sheets and towels (residence hall rooms do not have bed sheets on the beds)
- Assorted clothing for all seasons (see weather section)
- Personal grooming products (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, razor, makeup, etc)
Carry-on luggage should contain: education credentials, a change of clothing, toothbrush, and comb in case your luggage is lost. Keep your passport and all immigration documents with you at all times — you cannot enter the U.S. without these items.
Item that you can purchase after you arrive:
- Additional linens and towels
- Blanket and pillow
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm clock
- Laundry and housekeeping supplies (you may use dorm’s laundry machines free of charge)
- Hair Dryer
- General school supplies
- Books (paper, pens, pencils)
- Clothes iron
The electrical current used for small appliances in the U.S. is 110-115 volts, 60 Hz (cycles). Appliances from outside the U.S. may require adapters. The following appliances are prohibited in campus residence halls: hot plate, electric frying pan, deep fryer, ceiling fan, room air conditioner (one is provided in your room), space heater, and other items of similar wattage and amperage.
The following items are not allowed in residence halls: pets (except small aquarium fish), firearms and other weapons, explosives or other hazardous materials (including fireworks), drugs (except those prescribed or approved by a local medical physician), and alcoholic beverages.