The forms below are for the admission of international students to Southern Arkansas University. Please read the following information to determine which forms you will need.
Please review our international undergraduate admission requirements for specific details regarding any of the requirements below.
For Saudi Arabian students needing a letter for SACM, please complete the first 3 steps. Once you have submitted these documents, please allow at least one week for processing.
Everything below, except for official university transcripts and evaluated transcripts, can be submitted through our email SW-IS@saumag.edu.
Step 1 Fill out Application
Step 2 Pay the Application fee
- $50 application fee – Pay Now
- $50 express shipping fee – Pay Now (optional if you want your I-20 to be mailed by Fedex Express)
You can pay the $50 application fee online or by contacting the SAU business office at 870-235-4018 to arrange payment or you can send a check made out to “Southern Arkansas University” to International Student Services.
Step 3 Submit Transcripts
We require a 2.0 minimum GPA for all incoming freshmen and transferring students.
- Send your official transcripts in English to our office. Students from African countries that use the WAEC exam need to submit their scratch card and exam information so we can verify scores online.
Transferring from another university?
- American university:
- Submit the Transfer Questionnaire Form, a copy of your I-20, passport, I-94, and have an official transcript mailed to International Student Services.
- Foreign university:
- Submit an official transcript sent from your university to our office. Also we need an evaluated transcript.
Step 4 Provide Proof of Financial Support
- Fill out the Affidavit of Support form showing at least $18,500.
- Email or mail your supporting documentation, such as a bank statement or a bank letter stating you have the required funds to support your educational expenses.
Step 5 Submit Copy of Immigration Documents
- Mail or email a copy of your immigration documents:
- I-20 from current school (if you have one)
- U.S. Visa (if you have one)
- I-94 (if you have one)
Step 6 Submit English Proficiency Scores
We require official scores, so please send your user name and password so we can verify your scores or have your scores mailed to our office.
Some English speaking countries are exempted from this requirement.
Minimum English Requirements (must meet one of the following)
- A score of 500 or higher on the written TOEFL
- A score of 173 or higher on the computerized TOEFL
- A score of 61 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- A score of Band 5.5 (overall) on the IELTS
- Completion of Level 109 at an ELS Language Center or its equivalent
- Completion of EF Level 4
- *A score of 410 on the SAT Verbal or *a score of 19 on the ACT English
- Completion of Level 4 of SAU ELS program
SAU International Office
P.O. Box 9224
Magnolia, AR 71754-9224
Courier shipping (UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc)
SAU International Office
100 East University
Magnolia, AR 71753