International students who have graduated with a G.E.D. in the United States or a degree (High School, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree) from an accredited school in the United States or another English-speaking country must meet the same admission requirements as U.S. students. Other English-speaking countries include Anguilla, Antigua/Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Guyana, Cameroon (West/English-speaking), Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica/other West Indies, Kenya, Liberia, Montserrat, New Zealand, South Africa (English schools), St. Helena, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad-Tobago, Turks & Caico Isle, United Kingdom, and the Virgin Islands.
For other international students, the English language requirement of SAU will be met when the applicant has submitted proof of ONE of the following:
- A score of 550 or higher on the written TOEFL
- A score of 210 or higher on the computerized TOEFL
- A score of 79 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- A score of Band 6.0 (overall) on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center or its equivalent
- Completion of EF Level 5
- Completion of level 5 SAU ESL program
Web links to English Proficiency Testing Companies and Language Center:
Application Fee of $90 must be submitted before your application is complete.
Payment link is available thru the application portal to pay online.
Foreign Transcripts Evaluation
Courses completed at foreign (non-US) colleges or universities will be considered for graduate admission if the student has a transcript evaluation done by one of the following companies:
- Educational Perspective
- or other private credential evaluation agencies approved by the Arkansas Department of Education.