For specific details regarding any of the requirements below, please review our international graduate admission requirements.
If you have a specific question please email our office at SAUInternational@saumag.edu. We typically respond to emails within 24 hours, so please be patient. If it is time-sensitive, you can call us at 870-235-5048. We do not discuss admission status over the phone.
For Saudi Arabian students needing a letter for SACM, please complete the first 3 steps. Once you have submitted these documents, please allow at least one week for processing.
***Due to high demand and limited capacity for the MCIS program, we have closed down applications. If you wish to apply to a different program, please email us directly at SAUInternational@saumag.edu***
|Semester Term||Session Start Date||Deadline for initial Students||Mandatory Orientation|
|Spring 2023||January 11, 2023||September 29, 2022||TBD|
|Summer I, 2023
Summer II, 2023
|May 31, 2023
July 6, 2023
|April 7, 2023
May 25, 2023
The steps below are for both initial applicants and transfer students.
Step 1 – Fill out Application and upload all your documents
Step 2 – Pay the $90 Application fee
The application fee is nonrefundable. If you defer your admission to the following semester and we have processed and shipped your I-20 then you will be required to pay the fee again.
Step 3 – Submit English Proficiency Scores (Mandatory)
The English requirement can be waived for students holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school within the United States.
You must submit one of the following scores that are not more than 2 years old.
Some English-speaking countries are exempted from this requirement.
Minimum English Requirements (must meet one of the following)
- A score of 550 or higher on the written TOEFL
- A score of 210 or higher on the computerized TOEFL
- A score of 79 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- A score of Band 6.0 (overall) on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- A score of 51 or higher on PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- A score of 100 or higher on Duolingo
- Completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center or its equivalent
- Completion of EF Level 5
- If your English scores are below the required minimum for admissions, you may consider:
- Retaking your English proficiency exam
If you have completed your undergraduate or another masters degree in the US then this requirement is waived.
Step 4 – Provide Proof of Financial Support
- Fill out and email the SAU Affidavit of Support [pdf] form showing at least $16,000.
- Upload your supporting documentation, such as a bank statement or a bank letter stating you have the required funds to support your educational expenses. (These need to be within a few months.)
Step 5 – Submit Copies of Immigration Documents
Mail or email a copy of your immigration documents:
- I-20 from current school (if you have one)
- U.S. Visa (if you have one)
- I-94 (if you have one)
Step 6 – Order your Evaluated Undergraduate Transcript(Mandatory)
Courses completed at foreign (non-US) colleges or universities will be considered for graduate admission if the student has a transcript evaluation done by one of the following companies:
- Educational Perspective (allowing applicants to submit scanned copies of official transcripts only if off-shore institutions are unable to issue official transcripts due to COVID-19)
- or other private credential evaluation agencies approved by the Arkansas Department of Education.
To be considered for admissions, your evaluation will need to show it is equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree.
The evaluation needs to include a “course by course” analysis with GPA.
US Transcripts and foreign (non-US) Transcript Evaluations are to be sent to the university officially at the address below. Do not upload or mail these yourself.
If your Bachelor’s degree is from a US university, see below.
Step 7 – For transfer students from U.S. universities only
1-Complete the Transfer Questionnaire and have your current DSO complete the bottom and forward. The form is available within the Application portal.
2-Upon completion of your current semester have your official U.S. university transcript either sent electronically to SAUInternational@saumag.edu or mailed directly to the following address:
SAU International Office
100 East University
Magnolia, AR 71753
Transfer students must be in good standing with the institution they last attended in order to be eligible for admission to Southern Arkansas University.
- Applicants with a cumulative graduate grade point average of 2.49 or below will not be admitted to Graduate School at Southern Arkansas University.
- Applicants with a cumulative graduate grade point average between 2.5 and 3.0 will be placed on academic probation.
Please note: Your admission status will only be determined when the steps above have been completed.
For Summer Transfers: If you are currently enrolled at a U.S. university for the Spring semester and wish to transfer to SAU, you will only be eligible for the Summer 2 semester. This allows time for you to complete your current semester, for grades to post, and for you to request your final official transcript be sent to the International Office.
Determining your Admission Status:
Your admission status will be determined by your test scores and GPA.
Unconditional Admission Status
- For the MBA program (including all emphases), must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above out of a 4.00 system
- For the MAT program, must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or above out of a 4.00 system or a 2.7 GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- For all other programs, must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above out of a 4.00 system
Conditional Admission Status
- For all programs, a cumulative grade point average of 2.2 or above out of a 4.00 system
- The MAT program has a specialized requirement for conditional admission. Please contact the program director for more information
Some colleges/programs may not allow conditional status. Students on conditional status are limited to six hours per semester.
The conditional status will be removed after the student earns a minimum of 12 semester hours of graduate credit at Southern Arkansas University with a 3.0 GPA, no grade lower than a C, and not more than one course with a grade of C. If a student fails to meet the requirements for removal of conditional status after earning 12 hours of graduate credit, he/she will be denied continuance in graduate courses at SAU.