The Interfraternity Council (IFC) of Southern Arkansas University is the governing body of the three NIC Fraternities on our campus. Their goal is to promote fraternity life on our campus and create a place where discussion of issues can be brought forth by its members. Fraternities foster friendship and provide opportunities for leadership and service on our campus and throughout our communities. Each group is unique and has its own individual history. We hope that you are interested in learning about the traditions of fraternity life and helping to keep those traditions alive as a new member of one of these groups.
Interfraternity Council recruitment offers an opportunity to meet chapter members from all three of our NIC Fraternities on campus. Participating in recruitment does not require a person to join a chapter, but it does offer them the opportunity to explore the Greek community and find out about different ways to get involved on campus.
Spring 2021 Schedule of Events for Recruitment:
Monday, January 24, 2022
- Mandatory Risk Management and Hazing Presentation – All potential new members and active chapter members must attend.
- Zoom link will be sent out
Monday, January 31, 2022
- Mandatory Information Night
- Each fraternity will make a brief presentation on their organization then visit with potential new members
- Individual rush events will take place February 1-4 with locations and details TBD. Attending all of these events is mandatory.
- Alpha Gamma Rho (Gamma Gamma)
- Phi Lamba Chi (Nu)
- Sigma Pi (Epsilon Kappa Chapter)