- How do I apply to the School of Graduate studies?
Applications to the School of Graduate Studies are only accepted electronically. Click on the link Application for Admission in the sidebar and complete the form. Have a credit card ready for the application fee, then click “Submit.” A letter will be sent to you from our office within a few days with further instructions.
- Where do I take my MAT, GMAT or GRE test?
The MAT (Miller Analogies Test) is offered at SAU through our office of Counseling & Testing. Call 870-235-4145 to schedule a test. More information about the MAT and other testing locations are listed on the Miller Analogies Test website. For GRE (Graduate Record Examination) information and testing sites, go to the ETS’s GRE website.
For more information about the GMAT test, please visit the official GMAT website.
General Academic Inquiries
- After I register, how do I save my schedule?
Registered students must pay or make arrangements with the Student Accounts to pay tuition & fees by the “Pay by date” in mySAU (Campus Connect) to avoid having their schedule dropped. The instructions are below:
- Login to mySAU, click on Campus Connect
- Move the cursor to “Student Information”
- Click on “Review/Pay Account”
- Select the term that you are enrolled to review your account
- If you have a student loan
- If the funds are posted on your account and you have a zero or credit balance, select “Save my Schedule” at the bottom of the page
- If you have a student loan
- If you wish to pay in full
- Select “Pay by Credit Card” at the bottom of the page
- If you wish to create a payment plan (fall and spring only)
- Select “Pay by E-Cashier/FACTS” at the bottom of the page
After your schedule has been saved, you will get a message that says “Your schedule has been saved” or if a problem occurs, it will provide you with a telephone number to call.
- Can I pre-register?
Early registration usually opens the semester prior, approximately mid-term. Students are allowed to pre-register based on the number of hours they have completed, with upperclassmen pre-registering before underclassmen. Graduate student pre-registration opens on the same date for all graduate students, regardless of the number of hours earned. See current SAU calender for exact dates.
- Do I directly contact my graduate program director?
It is recommended that you contact your advisor when you are admitted to Graduate Studies; some programs have additional program admission requirements. Program Advisors can also help with which classes to take, as well as any specific questions about your program.
- Do I have to be a full-time graduate student?
No. However, please note that to receive a loan through Financial Aid you must take at least 6 hours in fall & spring semesters and 3 hours in each summer session.
- Do I have to contact my graduate advisor for registration?
No; however, it is advised that you touch base with your advisor before you begin for any additional program requirements, advice on classes to take and any time you have questions.
- Do you offer summer graduate classes?
- Does it hurt me to drop a course? What should I do if I am thinking about dropping a course?
Dropping a course can delay your graduation or you may have to take extra hours during another semester if you want to graduate on the same timeline. Dropping a course can also influence your financial aid and scholarships. You should always consult with Financial Aid before you drop a class.
Also, we recommend visiting with your professor to discuss your progress in the course. If you still think you need to drop a course, you will need to visit your advisor to fill out the paperwork. After the paperwork is completed, you will take it to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- How can I take a graduate class if I am not seeking a graduate degree?
Apply as a non-degree seeking student. (see the current online graduate catalog)
- How do I complete my graduate degree audit?
Once you have completed 12 graduate hours, you will fill out this form.
- How long are the graduate programs?
For information about the length of a program, please consult our graduate degree table.
- How many classes do I have to take to be a full-time graduate student?
You have to take 6 credit hours (2 classes) to be a full time student.
- What are the policies for dropping graduate classes?
Individual classes may be dropped through mySAU by logging-in, clicking on “Campus Connect,” then “Registration,” then “Add/Drop classes” until the 11th day of class of the fall & spring semester or 5th day of summer term. After 11th/5th day, only Graduate Students are allowed to drop on-line by clicking on “Forms” then “Student Drop With a W” on the drop- down list. To drop all classes or your last class, you can click on “Forms” then “Student Withdrawal Request.”
- What graduate programs are offered at SAU?
For a list of programs currently offered at SAU, please consult our graduate degree table.
- When do online classes start?
Online courses normally start the same day as classes on campus begin unless you are notified differently by your instructor.
- Where do I get graduate school information if I am an International student?
For graduate studies information for international students, please visit our International Student Services website.
- Where do I get my textbooks?
To see required books for your course, go to “Bookstore” link on the SAU home page and click on “Textbooks and Course Materials.” Books can be purchased or rented.
- Will I be able to register for graduate courses online?
Yes, you will be able to register online through mySAU via Campus Connect.
- Are there any graduate scholarships?
There are several scholarships that graduate students are eligible to receive. For more information, check out our scholarships page.
- How do I know if I qualify for a graduate assistantship or not?
See “Graduate Assistant Guidelines”. For more information, call the Graduate Studies Office at 870-235-4150.
- Is there graduate financial aid available?
Yes, there is. Simply follow the instructions for applying for a student loan.
- What are the technology & system requirements for online classes?
Before committing to online courses, make sure to check the technology and system requirements necessary.
- Where can I access Blackboard?
A link to Blackboard is accessible from every page on the website at the top of the page, between “Email” and “Magale Library”.
- Where do I get my login information?
Click on “mySAU” on the SAU home page, login as instructed and click on Campus Connect. You will get your student email address and Blackboard login by the first day of classes.
- Who do I call for technical support if I experience technical difficulties?
You can contact technical support by phoning the Help Desk at 870-235-4083 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I receive my degree and participate in grad walk at different times?
No, receiving your degree and grad walk must happen at the same time.
- How do I invite my family members to my graduation/grad walk?
Information can be found at https://web.saumag.edu/graduate/invitation-letter-information/
- I applied for graduation, but need to postpone my grad walk, can I?
No, if you applied for a graduation ceremony, that is your only opportunity for grad walk.
- Will Graduate Studies or International Student Services provide invitation letters?
No, the ceremony is for YOU, the student, so it is your responsibility to compose a letter for your family members.