All application materials are submitted to the graduate office. Students will be notified in writing when they have been admitted. Admission to the School of Graduate Studies at SAU does not imply admission to a graduate degree program. Some graduate programs have additional admission requirements. Applicants must be in good standing with the institution they last attended in order to be eligible for admission to Southern Arkansas University.
Applications and all admission documents (transcripts and test scores) must be received by the following deadlines to avoid a late fee:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer I: May 1
- Summer II: June 1
- Ed.D. Fall 2022: February 1 (no late applications will be accepted)
*GMAT is required for the MBA program. Scores can be retrieved online by the graduate office at least 20 days after the test is taken.
** Entrance tests may be waived on a term-by-term basis. Please contact Graduate Studies for more informaiton.
School of Graduate Studies
100 E University
Magnolia, AR 71754
Scholarships may be available on a limited and competitive basis. To learn more about the various institutional and third-party scholarships that may be available, visit our scholarships page.
- File the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (fafsa). https://studentaid.gov/
- Submit a loan application. (Printable Graduate Direct/ Plus Loan Application [pdf])
- Mail: 100 E University, MSC 9344, Magnolia, AR 71754
- Fax: 870-235-4913
- Scan and email to any Financial Aid staff member
- If this is your first time receiving a loan at Southern Arkansas University you will need to complete the entrance counseling and master promissory note. Please follow the directions listed on the last page of the loan application. These two steps are required by Direct Lending before loan funds can be released to SAU and applied to your student account. Once completed the documents do not have to be completed again for ten years.
- For summer loans, the Office of Financial Aid will need a copy of your schedule as well as the most recent summer financial aid form completed.
- For questions please call 870-235-4023.
Newly Admitted Students
Registered students must pay or make arrangements with the Student Accounts to pay tuition & fees by the “Pay by date” in mySAU (Campus Connect) to avoid having their schedule dropped. The instructions are below:
- Login to mySAU, click on Campus Connect
- Move the cursor to “Student Information”
- Click on “Review/Pay Account”
- Select the term that you are enrolled to review your account
- If you have a student loan
- If the funds are posted on your account and you have a zero or credit balance, select “Save my Schedule” at the bottom of the page
- If you have a student loan
- If you wish to pay in full
- Select “Pay by Credit Card” at the bottom of the page
- If you wish to create a payment plan (fall and spring only)
- Select “Pay by E-Cashier/FACTS” at the bottom of the page
After your schedule has been saved, you will get a message that says “Your schedule has been saved” or if a problem occurs, it will provide you with a telephone number to call.
You can use the book finder tool at the campus bookstore website to identify what books you’ll need for your courses.