The mission of Southern Arkansas University is to educate students for productive and fulfilling lives in a global environment by providing opportunities for intellectual growth, individual enrichment, skill development, and meaningful career preparation. The University believes in the worth of the individual and accepts its responsibility for developing in its students those values and competencies essential for effective citizenship in an ever-changing, free, and democratic society. Further, the University provides an environment conducive to excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, creative endeavors, and service.
SAU is a quality, comprehensive, regional University expanding accessible and transformational learning experiences.
- Implement strategies that demonstrate student learning as the most important university experience.
- Insure the University Learning Goals and General Education Goals are achieved through a comprehensive assessment process.
- Recruit and retain diverse, well-qualified faculty and staff that support an environment of collegiality and academic excellence.
- Develop and implement enrollment management strategies that recruit students of character and academic promise.
- Improve retention and graduation of students.
- Establish strategic partnerships and initiatives to expand advancement and development of SAU.