The forms below are for the admission of international students to Southern Arkansas University. Please read the following information to determine which forms you will need.
For specific details regarding any of the requirements below, please review our international graduate admission requirements.
For Saudi Arabian students needing a letter for SACM, please complete the first 3 steps. Once you have submitted these documents, please allow at least one week for processing.
Step 1 – Fill out Application and Education Background Form
Step 2 – Pay the Application fee and the optional express shipping fee
- $50 application fee – Pay Now
- $50 express shipping fee – Pay Now (optional if you want your I-20 to be mailed by Fedex Express)
You can pay the $50 application fee online or by contacting the SAU business office at 870-235-4018 to arrange payment or you can send a check made out to “Southern Arkansas University” to International Student Services. See the mailing address listed below.
Step 3 – Submit Transcripts
Have an official transcript in English mailed from your university to International Student Services. If your degree is from a foreign university then you will need to get your transcript evaluated.
We require a 2.2 minimum GPA for all students.
If you are coming from an American university, submit the Transfer Questionnaire [pdf] form via email or mail, and a copy of your immigration credentials (I-20, passport, and I-94).
Step 4 – Provide Proof of Financial Support
- Fill out the Affidavit of Support [pdf] form showing at least $15,000.
- Email or mail the affidavit of support, and your supporting documentation, such as a bank statement or a bank letter stating you have the required funds to support your educational expenses. See the mailing address listed below.
Step 5 – Submit English Proficiency Scores
We require official scores, so please send your user name and password so we can verify your scores or have your scores mailed to our office.
Some English-speaking countries are exempted from this requirement.
Minimum English Requirements (must meet one of the following)
- A score of 550 or higher on the written TOEFL
- A score of 210 or higher on the computerized TOEFL
- A score of 79 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- A score of Band 6.0 (overall) on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center or its equivalent
- Completion of EF Level 5
- Completion of level 5 SAU ESL program
Step 6 – Submit GMAT, GRE, or MAT score
You must submit one of the following scores. We do not accept any scores more than 5 years old.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
Please note: Your admission status will only be determined when the steps above have been completed.
SAU International Office
P.O. Box 9224
Magnolia, AR 71754-9224
Courier shipping (UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc)
SAU International Office
100 East University
Magnolia, AR 71753