The Office of Financial Aid provides financial assistance to qualified students in pursuit of their educational objectives. Assistance is available through federal, state and institutional programs which include grants, loans, student employment and scholarships. All programs are administered in accordance with governing regulations.
Applying for Aid
The first step in applying for any form of financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is available in two formats: paper and electronic.
Paper – Students may obtain paper FAFSA’s by calling 1-800-4FEDAID. Once the FAFSA has been completed, it must be mailed to the FAFSA processor.
Electronic – Student may complete the application and submit it directly to the processing center electronically at www.fafsa.gov. SAU’s school code is 001107.
Check out FAFSA Hooray on YouTube .
Financial Aid Policies
- Program Participation Agreement [pdf]
- SAU – Student Direct Deposit Form [pdf]
- Academic Progress Policy for Students
- Student Worker Employment Policy
- Title IV Code of Conduct
- Policies and Procedures for Awarding
- Drug Conviction Issues
- Printable Federal Direct Student Loan Application [pdf]
- Printable Graduate Direct/Plus Loan Application [pdf]
- Printable Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Application [pdf]
- 2013 Summer School Financial Aid Request [pdf]
- Alternative Loan Choices
- 2013-14 Fall-Spring Disbursement Dates
- 2013 Summer Disbursement Dates
- Loan Servicer Contact Information
How to Consolidate Loans visit www.studentloans.gov – check out Tools and Resources
Public Service Loan Forgiveness visit www.studentloans.gov - check out Managing Repayment
- Dependent Verification [pdf]
- Independent Verification [pdf]
- Identity & Statement of Ed Purpose Institution[pdf]
- Child Support Form [pdf]
- Receipt of SNAP Benefits [pdf]
- Signature Page [pdf]
- Asset Form [pdf]
Summer School Aid Request Form