The University Testing Center, a division the Student Affairs Department, is located in the Donald W. Reynolds Campus and Community Building, Room 216. The Testing Center houses three computer labs with a total of 42 computers. The Testing Center strives to provide students a central location for testing needs as well as a comfortable testing environment. The Testing Center also has the responsibility to protect the security and integrity of tests entrusted to them by the testing companies as well as by our instructors at SAU.
Testing Center hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday during regular semesters (fall and spring). Hours vary during the summer terms and other special holidays. The Testing Center provides test proctoring for both paper-based and computer-based tests. Below are some of the tests we offer and/or accept. Click on the link to learn more about each test.
Utilizing the Testing Center
- Call the Testing Center at (870) 235-4145 to make an appointment to secure a testing date and time. The Testing Center administers many different tests, and some are available only on certain dates and times. Some tests may require registration and scheduling on the test company’s website. Call our office for more information.
- Submit appropriate test fee, if applicable, to the Testing Center Office.
- Bring photo identification for entry into the Testing Center, along with any authorized materials and aids allowed for the particular test being taken.
- Please be aware of the Testing Center closing time and allow plenty of time to complete the exam.
- Food, drink, cell phones, and/or pagers are NOT allowed in the Testing Labs. Lockers are available for personal items.
- The Testing Center does not have an official ‘No Show Policy’, but if individuals repeatedly abuse the system, fees could be assessed before scheduling future appointments. Testing companies’ policies for ‘no-show’ may be different from ours. Check with the test company if unsure.
- Make sure you are given the correct exam and (if pencil-paper based) place your name or other identifying information on the exam in order to receive credit for the work you perform.
What Services Are Available to Students with Disabilities?
The Testing Center strongly urges students with physical, psychological, learning or other disabilities to contact the Office of Disability Support Services at (870) 235-4145 prior to any testing. Some testing companies may require disability supports/requests to be processed through their site before coming in to our center to test. Students with documented disabilities may be entitled to a range of additional services while enrolling in and attending Southern Arkansas University.
Test Security and Academic Dishonesty Policy
The Testing Center strives to provide test security by carefully tracking tests, testing materials, and scrap paper. In addition, the Testing Center supports and adheres to standards for academic honesty set forth in the student code. Incidents of academic dishonesty in the Testing Center are treated seriously. Students found to be cheating will lose Testing Center privileges. If we observe a student using unauthorized aids, the Testing Center Staff will:
- Stop the student and quietly ask him or her to leave the Testing Center.
- Collect the test and all unauthorized aids.
- Retain the test and all materials as an invalid test administration.
- Report the incident, in writing, to the instructor, division dean, appropriate administrator, and/or testing publisher.