Improving our e-mail communication and our time management practices on campus can have a dramatic effect on our overall productivity.
On April 7,2014, Aaron Street presented his research on e-mail best practices. The presentation was around 45 minutes, and the video is available on this page.
Download the “E-mail Best Practices” guidebook PDF and watch the presentation below.
- Download the guidebook [PDF]
The presentation and guidebook include the following topics:
- Planning and writing effective e-mails
- Using proper tone in e-mail
- E-mail design
- Event notification e-mails
- Meeting requests
- Outlook Categories
- Creating Category folders in your Inbox
- Using Quick Steps
- Using Rules
- Scheduling time for e-mail
- Using Tasks
- Staying within your 800 MB Inbox limit
- Improving student use of e-mail (added after presentation)