Spirited Muleriders from years past
Selected and prepared by SAU historian James Willis, the slideshows below were presented in recognition of past outstanding faculty and staff members. These individuals from SAU’s history exemplify the Mulerider Spirit.
Reviving the tradition of honoring faculty and staff that exhibit exemplary Mulerider Spirit, nominations are invited for the Spirit of SAU award. Individuals who demonstrate one or more of the values listed below are eligible for nomination for the award. Any faculty, staff, student, or alumni may nominate. Multiple recipients may be recognized each year by a committee appointed by the President. Nominees must be full-time staff or faculty members who are at least in their second year of full-time employment by Southern Arkansas University, Magnolia (employed before January 1, 2016).
Criteria include one or more of the following traits:
- Exemplify University values
- Identify a process improvement
- Identify savings of time or money
- Providing exceptional customer (student) service
- Above and beyond performance
- Continuous positive attitude
- Outstanding team member
- Contributing to a one-time big event benefiting unit or University
- Get the job done
All staff nominations must be received by Friday, February 24, 2017. Faculty nominations must be received by Friday, March 10, 2017.