The Staff Senate met on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:07 p.m. in Reynolds Room 207. Senators in attendance were Brad Stout, Deana Taylor, Britta Clark, Alta Malone, Barbara Torrence, Sarah Adcox, Daniel Grimmett, Melody Mayo, Victor Moore
Proxys: Deana Taylor proxy for Laura Wilkerson, Britta proxy for Julia Nipper
Visitors: Alec Testa, Faculty Senate President
Call to Order: 2:07 p.m.
Approval of Minutes
April 20, 2016 Minutes. Motion was made by Brad Stout to approve minutes, second made by Alta Malone.
- Discussion of possible Senate Action Projects-expanded on last year’s ideas (additional traffic safety).
Traffic Safety Committee-Brad, Sarah, Victor, and Deana
- Election of Senators-There will be six openings among the units
- Election of Officers for 16-17. Vice President, Secretary, Liasion to the Faculty Senate
- Brad motioned to elect officers after election of new senators next month
- Sarah, Seconded
- Motion carried.
- Senators on University Committees (*see attached list)
- Making Magnolia Blossom-October 8th.Registration will be online or the day of the event. Workers will check in at Reynolds parking lot to receive shirts, breakfast, and assignments.
- Projects will be Senior meal program relocation, CCAPS, and the Second Chance thrift store
- Staff Breakfast-Britta Clark volunteered to chair and the senate will work as a whole group on breakfast committee.
Financial Services-Jill O’Dell is new Fiscal support, Mary Bradshaw is retiring October 31st and Kendra Copeland will be moving into her position. Bria Snowden will be the new cashier, Jenene Haltom and Leshan Johnson will be the new accountants. Admissions-Verna Moore is at Switchboard, Lauren Dodson moved from Graduate studies to Admissions as Data Entry, and Tad Davis was hired as the new Admissions recruiter. Advising-Mallory Kornegay is a new advisor, Shelly Whaley has moved back down to Advising full time. Athletics-Coach Biley was inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame
Adjournment: 2:42 p.m.
Alta Malone made a motion to adjorn. Victor Moore Second.
The next Staff Senate meeting will be Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. in Reynolds 205.