Staff Senate Meeting
November 16, 2016
The Staff Senate met on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 2:03 p.m. in Reynolds Room 205. Senators in attendance were Brad Stout, Deana Taylor, Britta Clark, Alta Malone, Barbara Torrence, Melody Mayo, Victor Moore, Karen Pierce, Connie Rogers, Leigh Ann Labit, Julia Nipper, and Kerri Williams
Proxys: LaTricia Davis proxy for Meredith Lawson, Britta proxy for Laura Wilkerson, Jennifer Louden proxy for Alec Testa, Dorothy Standoak proxy for Stephanie Manning, Darius Strickland proxy for Kasey R. Wylie
Call to Order: 2:02 p.m.
Approval of Minutes
10-19-2016 Minutes. Motion was made by Brad Stout to approve minutes, second made by Victor Moore.
- Traffic Safety-Victor gave report from committee plus a few students
-January will be campaign kick-off
-graphics that say “Look up”
-getting feedback from students
- Trash Initiative-still waiting to meet
- Staff Breakfast Updates-scheduling a meeting immediately following the break
- Live United Bowl-Press conference held this morning, Athletic Adm. is touring facilities, Dec. 3rd Noon kickoff, huge Mulegating experience, tickets can be pre-purchased online.
- Angel Tree-discussed encouraging all departments to donate or buy for Angel Tree & to promote within the community
- End of Semester events-Graduation Dec. 9th at 5:00 & 7:00 p.m., Celebration of Lights Dec. 1st
- Spring semester events-ADHE will have meeting on campus Jan. 26 & 27th
- Fringe Benefits Committee-Benefits should stay the same per Brad
- Open Enrollment by Dec. 9th
- Faculty Development and Teaching Tech (Daniel Grimmett working on application deadline)
Janell Morton-Golden Triangle Coordinator
Laura Baldwin-Registrar’s Assistant
Adjournment: 2:32 p.m.
Brad Stout made a motion to adjourn. Alta Malone Second.
The next Staff Senate meeting will be Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. in Reynolds 205.