How to Make An Appointment
- To make an appointment you should either call the Counseling Center at 235-4911 or come by the office in Donald W. Reynolds Bldg. 218. Appointments cannot be scheduled through email due to concerns regarding confidentiality.
What to Expect
- Students are seen primarily by appointment. Walk-ins may be available. Students in crisis are seen as soon as possible. See emergency procedures for more information regarding after-hours procedures.
- Before your appointment, you will be asked to fill out an intake form. This is just to get some basic information about you. You will also be asked to sign a Limits of Confidentiality form that defines instances where confidentiality must be waived.
- Your first appointment will be spent with the counselor helping you get comfortable and gathering information. Appointments last approximately 50 minutes.
- Sometimes it may be necessary for the counselor to refer a student for specialized treatments or medication management. Referral options include the University Health Services, personal physician, community mental health providers or other services as necessary.