Counseling is a process of exploring issues, learning new ways of coping, and increasing overall satisfaction with life. The counselor can assist you in clarifying goals and finding solutions to problems through careful listening, guided self-exploration, suggesting new perspectives for consideration, and providing new information.
Counseling is not telling you what to do, how to feel, or who to be. Your initial interview with a counselor will help you identify which resources may best benefit you.
Transition of Care for Mental Health Services
- Know Your Care Plan
- Name of your condition/diagnosis
- The challenges or symptoms you experience (i.e. anxiety, loss of motivation, poor sleep)
- Name and contact information of current/ previous treatment provider(s)
- Things To Know If You Take Medication
- Name of your medication(s)
- Dosage of your medication(s)
- When you are supposed to take your medication(s) (mornings, bedtime)
- Be able to describe side effects or problems you have had with medication(s) (current and/or past)
- Know your medication history