Teacher Education / College of Education and Human Performance
|Categories:||Certificate / Endorsement, Graduate|
|Completion Time:||2 semesters *|
* Based on 2 classes per semester including summer
Candidates for the MAT Graduate Certificate must complete 12 hours. This program does not lead to teacher licensure.
- Candidates engage in scholarly research activities such as action research or program evaluation to solve authentic problems. Teachers seek advice of others and draw on education research and scholarship to improve their practice.
- Candidates model leadership and communication strategies that promote valuing diversity throughout the community. Teachers recognize individual differences in their students and adjust their practice accordingly.
- Candidates design and modify instruction and the learning environment based on assessment of student learning and behavior. Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Candidates employ technologies including communications, productivity and presentation applications to enhance their collaborations. Teachers regularly assess student progress.
- Candidates design and modify instruction and the learning environment based on assessment of student learning and behavior. Teachers command specialized knowledge of how to convey a subject to students.
curriculum, instruction, education, counselor, administration
The Educator Preparation Program (EPP) at Southern Arkansas University is accredited by the Council of Educator Preparation (CAEP),www.caep.org. This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator programs at Southern Arkansas University. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes. It is incumbent upon students from other states to determine the licensing requirements in their state.
Program Admission Requirements (Must be completed PRIOR to taking courses):
- Apply and be accepted to graduate school. saumag.edu/graduate
- Provide proof of a 3.0 GPA or higher overall or in the last 60 hours for your undergraduate degree.
- Complete a background check at https://portal.castlebranch.com/SI89
- Take and pass a basic skills test and the Praxis II content test. The following Basic Skills test are accepted Praxis CORE/GRE/ACT/SAT (your choice) The Praxis II Content exams will be in your content. Please send me a score report when you get it as ETS will not. Here is the website for the Praxis exams: https://www.ets.org/praxis/ar/requirements (For help on the praxis visit here: https://web.saumag.edu/education/praxis-information/)
- Complete the MAT admissions form here https://web.saumag.edu/education/cps/masters-of-arts-in-teaching/apply/