If you are beginning freshmen, you may be eligible to participate in the PACT 8 Completion Program at Southern Arkansas University. This program is designed to guarantee the completion of most baccalaureate degree programs at SAU within eight semesters.
The PACT 8 program was created in compliance with ACT 1014 of 2005. The program provides you with curriculum guides that are designed for eight semester completion. If you follow and successfully complete the suggested course sequence and requirements, you are guaranteed to graduate in eight semesters. The PACT 8 degree plans can be found in the SAU Undergraduate Catalog and on the SAU website at web.saumag.edu/academics/degrees/.
What will I need to do to participate?
During your summer advising session, you will be given the option to accept or decline the PACT 8 agreement. You will be required to indicate your decision to accept or decline on the PACT 8 contract. You will also be required to sign this document during your advising session.
Are all students eligible for the program?
No. All students are not eligible for the PACT 8 program. The following are reasons that you might be ineligible to participate:
- You have not declared a major
- Your declared major is not included in the PACT 8 program.
- Your admission status is conditional.
- You must enroll in one or more developmental courses (pre-college level) or pre-requisite courses required for my selected major.
- You are not a full-time student.
What are the continuance requirements?
- You must follow exactly the PACT 8 curriculum guide for your declared major.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress and maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or greater.
- You must complete at least 30-36 semester credit hours or appropriate course work each academic year as outlined in your degree plan.
- You must have your class schedule approved by your departmental advisor and register for classes each semester during the designated early registration period.
- You must accept any available course section that can be accommodated in your class schedule.
- If you change your major, the contract will be void.
- Other actions that will void the contract include the dropping or failure or a course, withdrawal from the university, non-payment of fees, and/or disciplinary actions.
- You should make timely application for all financial assistance.
If I am ineligible or decide to decline the program, can I still graduate in eight semesters?
This is possible depending on the sequence of courses that are selected and/or required. Your individual advisor should be able to provide you with an estimate of completion of your degree according to your individual needs.
If you have additional questions regarding the PACT 8 Completion Program at SAU, please feel free to contact the Academic Advising and Assistance Center.